Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) @ Buffalo Bills (3-7) - Status Quo

Adrenaline_Flux

7 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think it's pretty clear they're going to move on. There's a lot of dead money, but it's still a net cap savings based on the information I've seen so it doesn't matter (and that's if we don't elect him as a post June 1st cut which he'd probably be).

I hope you’re right baby.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Titans - 9 | Jaguars - 6
Eagles - 24 | Jaguars - 18
Colts - 29 | Jaguars - 26
Steelers - 20 | Jaguars - 16
Bills - 24 | Jaguars - 21

I think it's perfectly fair to think that we could flip 3 of those games. 6-5 (or even 5-6) isn't great, but at least it's not a dumpster fire.

Or it could very well have been worse for all we know...

It's definitely an alternative method to what we did, but looking at doesn't make me think the results would have definitely been better personally.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

I hope you’re right baby.

We didn't let the guy pass, even when we clearly needed to. When he did, he threw one of the most wobbly ducks I've seen 5 yards down the field and threw behind a Keelan Cole that resulted in an interception when Dede and JOS were wide open in the middle/other side of the field.

He's gone. There's no other way around it, imo.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We didn't let the guy pass, even when we clearly needed to. When he did, he threw one of the most wobbly ducks I've seen 5 yards down the field and threw behind a Keelan Cole that resulted in an interception when Dede and JOS were wide open in the middle/other side of the field.

He's gone. There's no other way around it, imo.

The throw to Yeldon along the sideline at the end of the game almost had me in tears. 

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

The throw to Yeldon along the sideline at the end of the game almost had me in tears. 

It's bad man. I'm not sure if I've seen Blake quite this awful before tbh. He's been bad before, but I don't know...

Sucks since like I've said, the guy as a person is awesome. But I just can't watch it anymore.

Just now, .Buzz said:

It's bad man. I'm not sure if I've seen Blake quite this awful before tbh. He's been bad before, but I don't know...

Sucks since like I've said, the guy as a person is awesome. But I just can't watch it anymore.

I think 16 was just as awful 

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

I think 16 was just as awful 

It was bad, don't get me wrong. But, like...

That wobbly duck of a pass to a guy five yards passed the yard of scrimmage? Not seeing wide open guys pretty much everytime you drop back? 

Maybe it was, but man it is just so tough to watch right now.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Or it could very well have been worse for all we know...

It's definitely an alternative method to what we did, but looking at doesn't make me think the results would have definitely been better personally.

Made me think about the Bears and what they did on offense...

QB - relied on a young player to progress and brought in a career back-up with a noodle arm
RB - no real alternative to the type of players Howard and Cohen are if either gets hurt
WR - relied on a WR coming off a torn ACL and a down year the year before, a second round rookie, a slot WR from free agency, and their holdovers to continue improving
TE - relied on a TE2 getting a shot at TE1 and young players to improve (albeit, Shaheen was hurt most of the year)
OL - no real reliable depth, though they did draft James Daniels high

Obvious differences (theirs probably was more boom than ours but arguably also more bust), but overall not as different as far as making bets. Big differences are that 1) their bets panned out and 2) Nagy & co. aren't a schematic dumpster fire on offense. However, if any of those hadn't worked out, they'd be in a similar spot as us.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

It was bad, don't get me wrong. But, like...

That wobbly duck of a pass to a guy five yards passed the yard of scrimmage? Not seeing wide open guys pretty much everytime you drop back? 

Maybe it was, but man it is just so tough to watch right now.

I think he's lost all confidence. The difference between now and 2016 is that he's being completely handcuffed and then only being allowed to do anything when we're already in the crapper. We already know he rides with his confidence and it's just completely gone. I admit it's difficult to watch. I still think he's a better option than Kessler simply due to his mobility with how the OL is, but it's rough.

Man I wish I had yalls confidence in this FO.  My confidence level is in the 90s that they are bringing Blake back and will pin this bad season on the injuries. 

The only FAs who remotely look like "options" are Teddy (who this FO for whatever reason doesn't seem to like even back to the draft) and Tyrod. Given what our playoff gameplan was vs. the Tyrod Taylor-led Browns (same gameplan basically against every QB we deemed cannot score on our defense), I can't imagine they go after him. Not to mention the question of how much you pay that QB while eating Blake's $16.5M while trying to retain/add guys to fill holes next season.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

This fanbase always paints Caldwell as a cartoon villain and Coughlin as the saint who is fighting tooth and nail to defeat him.

If Coughlin wants Bortles benched or gone, he's benched or gone. If Coughlin wants Caldwell gone, he's gone.

Yeah I'll say he deserves the blame as well. He's at the top of the food chain; if he's really sure of Watson and he allowed Dave or Doug or whoever to convince him otherwise, then that's on him. I can see someone relenting if this is another position, but at QB? No. You feel strongly about a guy, you take him.

31 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Made me think about the Bears and what they did on offense...

QB - relied on a young player to progress and brought in a career back-up with a noodle arm
RB - no real alternative to the type of players Howard and Cohen are if either gets hurt
WR - relied on a WR coming off a torn ACL and a down year the year before, a second round rookie, a slot WR from free agency, and their holdovers to continue improving
TE - relied on a TE2 getting a shot at TE1 and young players to improve (albeit, Shaheen was hurt most of the year)
OL - no real reliable depth, though they did draft James Daniels high

Obvious differences (theirs probably was more boom than ours but arguably also more bust), but overall not as different as far as making bets. Big differences are that 1) their bets panned out and 2) Nagy & co. aren't a schematic dumpster fire on offense. However, if any of those hadn't worked out, they'd be in a similar spot as us.

Yeah and it worked out for us once too. Then what happened?

Archived