Week 12: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles- Who wants to win?

Acgott

This is one of the few games I get extra fired up for. That team in green I cant stomach 1 bit. Been to their city and their stadium and to say filth isn't even the tip of the iceberg when its comes the quality of anything there. I want this win in the worst way. Drafts picks, contracts, players playing for their jobs is all out the window for me in this one. I want us to beat their A--.

I've stuck with Shurmur throughout the whole season- until this game. There is no excuse for the egg the offense laid in the 2nd half. He did a great job adjusting to personnel after the bye and in the first half of this game, then reverted right back to the terrible play calling that made us 1-7 in the 2nd half. OBJ had what, 3-4 targets in the 2nd half? Barkley had 4 touches? Unbelievable. It's like he was told to lose the game. 

Our defence lost us this game. Yes we didn't get Barkley the ball in the 2nd half, yes OBJ was limited on targets but i'm pinning this one on the defence. We had ZERO pressure at all on Wentz and horrendous run defence to stop Josh Adams. The sacks we got on Carson were coverage sacks with the exception of Tae Davis being able to literally trip Wentz by his foot on 3rd and long. Bettcher is in diar need of pass rushers and run stuffers.

Watched the second half just to see how we gave up the lead. First off, Eli that pick you threw was egregious. Odell wasn’t open like at all and you had wide Saquon open to get you the first down and out of bounds and to perhaps try one for one more shot in the endzone.

Now onto the second half. Shurmur is right in this respect, we had some errors that killed us. Penalties and a drop by Fowler and some drive killing sacks. Our defense was baddddd. Couldn’t stop the run and tackling again was an issue. Saquon must have been injured which is why he didn’t get the touches because on one run he literally gets to edge and instead of ploughing forward, he tries to bounce it back. Refs missed a call for Odell. Clear hold. 

Overall if you watch the game again, I don’t think you blame it on Shurmur. Everybody played their part, but the defense was probably the biggest problem

Archived