49ers Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence again (released claimed by Redskins)

49erurtaza

why is there such an extreme rush to judgement for some with little to no facts? i mean, people are making daniel snyder look smart. hes not paying him on the exempt list from my understanding and all he said was theyd let this play out and theres no guarentee hed ever play here. seems like a highish upside/low downside move.

thoughts?  @Thelonebillsfan @ramssuperbowl99 @AFlaccoSeagulls

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why is there such an extreme rush to judgement for some with little to no facts? i mean, people are making daniel snyder look smart. hes not paying him on the exempt list from my understanding and all he said was theyd let this play out and theres no guarentee hed ever play here. seems like a highish upside/low downside move.

Because its the same owner/GM that invited box seat big wigs to the cheerleader calendar shoot and made all the women feel uncomfortable.  

Because its the same owner/GM that tried to sell 9/11 commemorative hats.

Because its the same owner/GM that tried to sell Dolls of Sean Taylor on the anniversary of his death.

Because its the same owner/GM that pretending Kirk Cousins name was "Kurt" for an entire interview last year. 

Because its the same owner/GM that signed Junior Galette.

Because its the same owner/GM that signed Adrian Peterson.

Because its the same owner/GM that signed Michael Floyd. 

Because its the same owner/GM that got on their high horse about the previous GM and fired him for drinking (of which there is little evidence) because they were jealous of the credit he was getting for the team's turnaround.  

15 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

My thoughts are that this organization deserves zero benefit of the doubt at this point (as someone above laid out pretty clearly), and Foster doesn't either considering this isn't just allegations - he was arrested. And this is the 2nd time in less than like 6 months!

Furthermore, it appears the team lied in their PR statement:

It's just a pathetic move by a pathetic owner/organization (no offense Skins fans) to take advantage of a situation where a clearly troubled player with SEVERE red flags is being completely overlooked, once again, because of perceived talent.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My thoughts are that this organization deserves zero benefit of the doubt at this point (as someone above laid out pretty clearly), and Foster doesn't either considering this isn't just allegations - he was arrested. And this is the 2nd time in less than like 6 months!

It's just a pathetic move by a pathetic owner/organization (no offense Skins fans) to take advantage of a situation where a clearly troubled player with SEVERE red flags is being completely overlooked, once again, because of perceived talent.

Who is Les Carpenter?  

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

i dont really care about preconcieved notions about the redskins, really has nothing to do with foster specifically which is wjat the thread is about. in addition, whether they spoke to alabama players is irrelevant. once facts come out and we can fairly have an opinion on what happened, the redskins will likely decide what theyll do. if they keep him when theres a preonderence of evidence towards him being guilty in some way then they should be judged.

but this isnt about the redskins history, its about this move specifically. as long as they stick to what theyve implied and cut bait if/when foster is found to have done wrongdoing i dont see a downside. if its another false accusation lime last time them thet get a talented player. if not and he did something they cut him.

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because its the same owner/GM that invited box seat big wigs to the cheerleader calendar shoot and made all the women feel uncomfortable.  

Because its the same owner/GM that tried to sell 9/11 commemorative hats.

Because its the same owner/GM that tried to sell Dolls of Sean Taylor on the anniversary of his death.

Because its the same owner/GM that pretending Kirk Cousins name was "Kurt" for an entire interview last year. 

Because its the same owner/GM that signed Junior Galette.

Because its the same owner/GM that signed Adrian Peterson.

Because its the same owner/GM that signed Michael Floyd. 

Because its the same owner/GM that got on their high horse about the previous GM and fired him for drinking (of which there is little evidence) because they were jealous of the credit he was getting for the team's turnaround.  

what part of this has to do with Reuben Foster?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what part of this has to do with Reuben Foster?

You were trying to imply this is a good move by Dan Snyder, and why people weren't giving the move the benefit of the doubt.  I listed numerous examples of why Dan Snyder is a piece of crap, and why the organization shouldn't be given any benefit of the doubt.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You were trying to imply this is a good move by Dan Snyder, and why people weren't giving the move the benefit of the doubt.  I listed numerous examples of why Dan Snyder is a piece of crap, and why the organization shouldn't be given any benefit of the doubt.  

well it is a good move unless im missing something, youve yet to tell me the downside.

i dont care about the other stuff as it pertains to this move. no where have i said snyder is a good guy. really simple, specifically with foster (which is what this thread is for), people are jumping to conclusions based on little to nothing. hes on the exempt list, as we all should washington is waiting on more to come out/facts and what theyre saying is they will act appropiately from there. im not leaping 10 weeks into the future to guess what theyll do. as of today, ill what is the downside?

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

well it is a good move unless im missing something, youve yet to tell me the downside.

i dont care about the other stuff as it pertains to this move. no where have i said snyder is a good guy. really simple, specifically with foster (which is what this thread is for), people are jumping to conclusions based on little to nothing. hes on the exempt list, as we all should washington is waiting on more to come out/facts and what theyre saying is they will act appropiately from there. im not leaping 10 weeks into the future to guess what theyll do. as of today, ill what is the downside?

The downside (from a football perspective only, not a moral one) is that we are fighting for our lives this week on MNF against the Eagles, and this just started a PR circus that will fill the locker room all week while the team is trying to prepare.  Also it causes increased tension between the front office and the players, as apparently the GM lied about talking to the Alabama players on the roster before claiming Foster.  

26 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont really care about preconcieved notions about the redskins, really has nothing to do with foster specifically which is wjat the thread is about. in addition, whether they spoke to alabama players is irrelevant. once facts come out and we can fairly have an opinion on what happened, the redskins will likely decide what theyll do. if they keep him when theres a preonderence of evidence towards him being guilty in some way then they should be judged.

but this isnt about the redskins history, its about this move specifically. as long as they stick to what theyve implied and cut bait if/when foster is found to have done wrongdoing i dont see a downside. if its another false accusation lime last time them thet get a talented player. if not and he did something they cut him.

Nothing you've said here couldn't also be applied in the same sense with all 32 teams waiting for the facts to come out and then signing him. Not only did they not do that, but they've now lied about speaking to his former teammates to justify signing him, something that as MNKnight has pointed out will create friction in that locker room.

There's no upside here at all for the Redskins because if they did do their due dilligence here, they wouldn't have lied about it, and if this was false allegations I highly doubt he would've been arrested immediately.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The downside (from a football perspective only, not a moral one) is that we are fighting for our lives this week on MNF against the Eagles, and this just started a PR circus that will fill the locker room all week while the team is trying to prepare.  Also it causes increased tension between the front office and the players, as apparently the GM lied about talking to the Alabama players on the roster before claiming Foster.  

reporters are in the lockerroom anywaytheres dedicated times they can be  there, and even assuming theres more than usual profesionals should be able fairly simple questions. youre basically asserting jonathon allen cant handle being asked if he spoke with mgmt about foster. realistically its probably not an issue.

youre assuming an awful lot with the tension thing. what actual evidence do you have of it?

if these are your only "downsides" redskins made out like bandits.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

youre assuming an awful lot with the tension thing. what actual evidence do you have of it?

Lol you obviously don't follow the Redskins.  They have YEARS of evidence of discord between the front office/owner and the players.  Just this past year the Kirk Cousins saga, before that RG3, before that Lavar Arrington.  Those are just the biggest names, there are tons of more examples.  

Archived