BDL 2018 Week 12: Seoul Dragons @ Rome Eternals

Whicker

Seoul Dragons @ Rome Eternals  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2018 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 12

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Seoul Dragons

QB Matt Ryan

RB Jordan Howard

WR TY Hilton

WR Tyrell Williams (Q)

WR Danny Amendola (Q)

TE Travis Kelce

LT Ronnie Stanley

LG Mike Person

C Alex Mack

RG Kevin Zeitler

RT Rodger Saffold

Bench RB Kenyan Drake

Bench RB Spencer Ware

Bench WR Keke Coutee

Bench WR Antonio Callaway

Bench TE Gerald Everett

Bench TE Jeff Heuerman

Bench OL Ryan Schraeder

Bench OL David Andrews

ROLB Bradley Chubb

RDT Gerald McCoy

NT Steve McLendon

LDT Geno Atkins

LOLB Melvin Ingram

SLB Shaq Thompson

WLB Nigel Bradham

CB Darius Slay

CB Pierre Desir

CB Kendall Fuller

FS Justin Reid

Bench Edge Chris Long

Bench Edge Romeo Okwara

Bench Int Xavier Williams

Bench Int Olsen Pierre

Bench LB Donta’ Hightower

Bench CB Taron Johnson

Bench S Marcus Williams

Bench S Jeff Heath

Rome Eternals

QB Drew Brees

RB Todd Gurley

Slot WR Julian Edelman

WR JuJu Smith Schuster

WR Amari Cooper

TE Jordan Reed

LT Tyron Smith *INACTIVE*

LG Ramon  Foster

C Russell Bodine

RG Braden Smith

RT Ryan Ramczyk

TE Lance Kendrick

WR Dontrelle Inman

WR James Washington

OL  Justin Britt

RB Phillip Lindsay

RB Marlon Mack

FB Zach Line

OL Andre Smith

Edge Samson Ebukam

UT Matt Ioannidis

NT Michael Brockers

Edge Carlos Dunlap

LB Leighton Vander EscH

LB Matt Milano

CB Prince Amukamara

CB Marlon Humphrey

Slot Nickell Robley Coleman

S Tedric Thompson

S Shawn Williams 

Edge Dante Fowler

Edge Takk McKinley

LB Alex Anzalone 

DL Michael Brockers

DL Tyson Alualu

CB William Jackson

CB Janoris Jenkins

S Jahleel Addae 

Seoul Dragons

Offense

Target Rome LBs and safeties. Travis Kelce, if on single coverage, will see a ton of targets this week as he’s huge mismatch for everyone Rome has on roster. We expect Rome to double team in which case we’ll make him run on areas opposite to our called play so we can eliminate 2 Rome defenders.

We think we can also beat Rome safeties deep, especially if Hawaii runs a zone coverage, cover 2 or cover 3. Hilton, Wiliams, Kelce and Everett when he’s on the field will frequently run deep routes and if we can get a WR vs a S matchup there, Matt Ryan will launch it. 

Last year, Rome beat us in the Bizz Bowl by doubling Green and Kelce and putting Jackson in coverage on Hilton, a matchup we decided to avoid. We will not make the same mistake this year as we are confident in our skill players. Expect a lot of 2TE sets as we’re more and more confident in Everett, who we think can beat Rome 3rdLB (Anzalone most likely). Expect a lot of pass in the middle of the field for Amendola and Coutee (who we will involve a lot, either as a 4thWR or in the slot if Williams/Amendola are out). Expect some 2RB sets too with Drake on wheel routes.

Screen and trick plays.Like last week, we want to get our WR screen game going, with Hilton mainly. We will use Antonio Callaway blocking skills to maximize our chances there. We will also have a couple of trick plays, one flea flicker with Jordan Howard, a couple of end arounds with Hilton and Amendola, and fake end around that will end up being a pass by Amendola to Williams/Callaway deep if we can catch Hawaii defense off guard.

Balanced offense.Contrary to the last weeks, we want to bring a more balanced approach on offense this week. Part of it Is injuries. AJ Green is out, Amendola and Williams are questionable so we have to rely more on our running game this week. Part of it is the matchup. Rome DL is not very good. Takk and Fowler are pass rushers only, so is Ionnadis inside, and Brockers hasn’t been his usual self this year. The only good run defender Rome has is Dunlap, and he will face a solid run blocking tackle, wherever he lines up. So we think we can get Howard to the second level, which is enough to give us manageable 3rddown situations. Howard gets the majority of carries (70%) with Drake and Ware splitting the rest of it evenly.

Protect Matty Ice. We decided to bench Schraeder this week and bring Saffold to the right side, where he played earlier his career. We don’t think we’ll miss a bit inside with Person, but we expect Saffold to have to adjust a bit to his old position, so if needed, and especially against Dunlap, we will shift protection towards the right. If needed Jordan Howard will stay in pass pro.

Defense

Heavy DL.This week we are running a heavy defensive front, hoping to stop Gurley from getting it going on the ground and to battle Rome strong OL pound for pound. We love our 4 corners against Rome WRs so we will trust them to hold the fort in pass coverage.

McLendon will man up the middle of the line and give everything he can handle to Russell Bodine, while freeing McCoy and Atkins who will have 1vs1 matchups, especially Atkins vs Braden Smith which is a matchup we think he can win.

We will implement some rotation inside and outside. We expect Ingram and Chubb to play 65% of the snaps, McCoy 75%, Geno 85% and McLendon around 65%.

A premium has been put on sealing the edges, to both our OLBs but also to Bradham and Hightower.

Off man cover 0.We will rely on our back 6 to hold on while we bring the heat on Brees. 

Slay gets Juju if he plays outside, or Cooper. Desir gets the other outside wideout. Fuller gets Juju if he plays inside, or Edelman. In 4WR sets, Taron Johnson comes in for Bradham and gets the other inside receiver. They will all play off man coverage to keep everything in front of them, as we will offer no safety help whatsoever. 

Justin Reid and Nigel Bradham have the over/under coverage on Gurley, who will be double teamed in most cases. Thompson gets Reed. 

Rome Eternals

Offense

This week we welcome in Seoul and their excellent defensive line.  However we feel we have one of the best blocking units in bdl so it'd be a fun match up to see

We will generally open up the formation with three wr  and bring Edelman in motion to the wide side of the field.  This motion will let us know when Seoul is in man as we like the majority of our match-ups and will attack Desir and hicks relentlessly in man if they don't have help.

Up front we recognize the need for possible help and if we see zone Gurley will often read for a blitz before going out on his route chipping an edge on his way.  Seoul 's strength is their edge rushers but the best tackle tandem in bdl is in Rome to help neutralize that threat. Without a blitz that will allow us to have three on two in the interior

If Seoul does something stupid like play five DL expect Gurley to get sent out in motion as we can get easy wheel and slant routes against a lb /safety   Gurley is gonna get about 20 touches between the passing and running game. We are gonna use a fair amount of draw plays to slow down the edge rushers and get the lbs moving backwards first.  We also are going to incorporate more screens (especially to the right athletic side of the line) as an extension of the running game against zones

We will rotate in mack on early downs and Lindsay on third downs occasionally to give Gurley a break.  We even have a short yardage package with two te and a fb

We will also throw out a five WR look on our first drive to see if Seoul brought a fifth corner with them.  If not, expect us to run five wide about 20% of the time to get some mismatches

Tl/Dr.  Attack the secondary.  Motion to gauge coverage, trip formations to beat zones.  Screens and draws with Gurley to get him in space

Defense

Seoul comes in a little battered and bruises on the offensive side of the football and a once formidable offense gets a little easier to defend without their big number one in AJ Green

On the outside we have Marlon Humphrey on Williams and Amukamara on Hilton.  Nrc gets Almendola in the slot and should shut him down. Jackson is the fourth corner with Jenkins available for five wide

Seoul likes to force feed the ball to Travis kelce.  Luckily we have two of the best cover backers in the league and they will receive help in the form of a double team each play.  Whichever side Kelce lines up on will get that sides lb and S while the other lb gets drake/Howard. Other safety will have cf shading towards the Hilton side

Up front we will have Ebukan in on early downs with Fowler in on passing downs on one edge while Dunlap gets the other.  On passing downs, we are gonna slide our d line towards the offense left as that side of the Seoul line has a traditionally solid Stanley who unfortunately is banged up and if he doesn't go, Seoul is gonna be in trouble.  Tomlinson provides the beef while ioannidis provides interior pressure rotating with Brockers when we need more beef. Alualu and Takk will provide quality depth.

We will mix in some zones and blitzes with zone to keep Matty ice guessing but mostly will roll with man.

Luckily Seoul is a little predictable in their run game.  When Howard is in they normally run up the middle with drake running outside so we will adjust our line and lb accordingly to who is in

Tl/dr    

Don't let kelce beat us.  Trust the talent . Bend don't break, they can't keep up

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Tyron Smith was inactive on Thursday

Missed that too haha. Andre Smith yeeeeaaah.

Also I don't think I have 5 active corners on roster right now, and I forgot to put something in my gameplan (which is stupid given I knew bcb was coming with that) so Marcus Williams gets WR5 in man. 

Not like I'm super worried about James Washington anyway

Ramcyk to lt

Braden to RT, Britt to guard I guess 

Ted planned against hawaiis zone defense so that's fun 

Should have enough for quick routes against cover zero and Amari one on one against Pierre desir all day  with no help and with a wr one on one against a safety, again with no help and Jordan Reed against shaq can't cover Thompson with no help 

25 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Ramcyk to lt

Braden to RT, Britt to guard I guess 

Ted planned against hawaiis zone defense so that's fun 

Should have enough for quick routes against cover zero and Amari one on one against Pierre desir all day  with no help and with a wr one on one against a safety, again with no help and Jordan Reed against shaq can't cover Thompson with no help 

The Nightmarchers haunt me in my dreams.

What's your thing with Desir? He's been good this year. Better than Amari that's for sure

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

The Nightmarchers haunt me in my dreams.

What's your thing with Desir? He's been good this year. Better than Amari that's for sure

Lol no he hasn't. If you're trusting his pff rating, it's because he's number one run defender at corner. No because of his coverage 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol no he hasn't. If you're trusting his pff rating, it's because he's number one run defender at corner. No because of his coverage 

His cover grade is on par with Richard Sherman's. I don't think he's as good as Sherman of course, but he's been good. Also, the run cover grade argument is a bit rich coming from a guy who's touted the PFF grade of Amukamara all year long

20 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

His cover grade is on par with Richard Sherman's. I don't think he's as good as Sherman of course, but he's been good. Also, the run cover grade argument is a bit rich coming from a guy who's touted the PFF grade of Amukamara all year long

I don't know think I've mentioned pff since mid October on anyone 

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Yes I am. And I'm doing it with confidence. 

Lol 

Cooper against better corners this weeks than desir 8 for 180.2 td 

Which is better than all three of your starting wide outs combined with their 8 for 138 

In fact Rome starting three 

25 catches 453 yards and four scores....

against off man coverage with zero help?  Like what's their point of rushing five all game if your gonna give us slants and runs all day

Archived