BDL 2018 Week 12: Seoul Dragons @ Rome Eternals

Whicker

Seoul Dragons @ Rome Eternals  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2018 at 05:00 PM

6 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol 

Cooper against better corners this weeks than desir 8 for 180.2 td 

Which is better than all three of your starting wide outs combined with their 8 for 138 

In fact Rome starting three 

25 catches 453 yards and four scores....

against off man coverage with zero help?  Like what's their point of rushing five all game if your gonna give us slants and runs all day

Congrats. You definitely beat me there

Cooper had 180 yds indeed. At least 90 on Fabien Moreau, who is definitely not a better player than Desir. 40 on a play where Dunbar slipped.

Rome has to start either a C or Andre(who was cut) at OT.  Or move a bunch of guys.  That hurts.  

But no SS for Seoul could open up intermediate routes.  If Reid is doubling Gurley, who would split out, that leaves no help over top for anyone else.  And Rome hit a very nice strategy against a 5 man DL.  Gurley against the Seoul LBs would be a positive for them all game.  I also think that Seoul underrated the LBs for Rome a bit as both have been very good this year.  

Seoul being a bit hurt and Rome having a nice gameplan gives them the win.  

Not a big fan of the 5 wide out, because it leaves an offensive line of 5 to protect Brees where his starting blind side tackle is out and because of a lack of depth they were forced to completely change up their lineup.  Seoul's defensive pass rush abilities since moving to the 34 bonds well in putting a ton of pressure on Brees.  Even in 4 wide formations I think Seoul will have success in putting enough pressure on Brees.

I would have definitely voted for Rome as Seoul is clearly dealing with their own injuries at receiver, but I can't overlook a starting front 7 lineup that has collected a combined 32.5 sacks this season and not expect them to have success against a jumbled line this week.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Not a big fan of the 5 wide out, because it leaves an offensive line of 5 to protect Brees where his starting blind side tackle is out and because of a lack of depth they were forced to completely change up their lineup.  Seoul's defensive pass rush abilities since moving to the 34 bonds well in putting a ton of pressure on Brees.  Even in 4 wide formations I think Seoul will have success in putting enough pressure on Brees.

I would have definitely voted for Rome as Seoul is clearly dealing with their own injuries at receiver, but I can't overlook a starting front 7 lineup that has collected a combined 32.5 sacks this season and not expect them to have success against a jumbled line this week.

They counter act that by playing off coverage which allows for quick throws all game 

Obviously Seoul knew to prepare for the run well, but Rome has a really good stable of RB's on top of the dominant Gurley so I think no matter what they're going to be successful. I think the success in the run game can wear down a good pass rushing team as a game goes on, and that will ease the stress of a banged up OL for Rome, I think they barely win.

54 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

They counter act that by playing off coverage which allows for quick throws all game 

I'm a fan of the quick throws myself as I used it this week against the Jazz, but all the line changes just to accommodate the starting left tackle, seems like too much when you are expecting them to protect against a front seven w/ that many sacks under their belt in which 40% of those are interior lineman. 

I just don't think you did enough to keep Brees upright for the entire game.    

Seoul was ready for the double team on Kelce but I don’t think they have the weapons healthy right now to win those other features matchups. 

The Rome offense is nasty. And even with Tyron out they beat up on Seoul.

I love you though Ted for helping me out this week.

That Rome OLine is atrocious. Seoul did them a big favor essentially playing one safety deep and mixing it with cover zero on some occasion. Brees at home eats that early and often.

Seoul won’t go easily but I think Vander Esch can cover Kelce with success. The rest of their secondary leaves something to be desired. TY will make some plays.

Ultimately the overcommit to Gurley is the difference in a game without AJ Green.

This is a game that would be a safe bet to hit the under. Both teams will struggle on offense despite their reputations.

I've made my feelings on Seoul's running game well known and Jordan Howard continues to play poorly. However, Seoul's O-line definitely has a big advantage in run blocking vs the Rome D-line so it will balance out some, but I really only see 50-60 yards at most for Howard on his 15-18 carries. I also think Kelce gets shut down as does Tyrell and Amendola. TY has a good match with Amukamara.

Nearly half of Rome's offensive gameplan talked about trust in their offensive line, but that was all for nothing as Tyron Smith didn't play and Seoul countered very well with their 5-man front and Cover-0 (which I don't recommend as a weekly thing but I do love it here against Rome) which will give their excellent tackles one on ones when Rome was expecting to have a double team available. Justin Britt at guard against Atkins or McCoy... yeah no thanks. Very quick interior pressure will beat quick passes IMO. I still don't like Amari Cooper but I think he does win against Desir in man coverage. Slay is a bit better than JuJu. Edelman would win against Fuller. I think Gurley is adequately contained similar to Kelce on the other side.

I think we see multiple big plays generated by the Seoul pass rush in a defensive game. I vote Seoul.

2 hours ago, PR said:

I dont like all of the oline changes for Rome. However with Seoul playing zone and a focus on quick passing Brees buys enough time to drink and dunk his way to victory.

While I appreciate your vote, hes not playing zone so I'm confused 

Archived