The Great Playoff Debate

MWil23

Just now, MWil23 said:

I'm a Cleveland fan. Obviously I'm always Charlie Brown getting my hopes up.

Yep. And guess what, when Urban Meyer gets his hopes up, then Bama rolls OSU there's probably a pretty good chance Urban Meyer dies.

That is all-

Courtney Smith**

**Signed as Courtney Smith so that there's no way Urban ever reads this tbh.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm a Cleveland fan. Obviously I'm always Charlie Brown getting my hopes up.

Funny thing with all those gifs.... You know when shirts are printed for both teams in championship games. And the losing teams shirts get sent to some needy country..

My first NFL merch. Was a Cleveland Browns AFC Champions shirt I found when visiting Guyana. The year of "The Drive". Which I didnt know what football was, "the drive", Cleveland lost or any of that at the time. I was sporting that sucka to school and everywhere lol.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. And guess what, when Urban Meyer gets his hopes up, then Bama rolls OSU there's probably a pretty good chance Urban Meyer dies.

Nah. He'll retire due to medical reasons after having chest pain and/or his cyst drained. He'll  then get a job as a commentator, do a good job, but then ostracize his coworkers, who will wait for him to undoubtedly slip up. 2-3 years from now, he'll take over the Alabama job after Nick Saban gets caught doing something wrong, and the same people who turned on him will completely backpedal and welcome him with open arms.

See: OSU fans after the 2006 NC Game and what they said about Urban.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That is all-

Courtney Smith**

**Signed as Courtney Smith so that there's no way Urban ever reads this tbh.

I mean, I'm just sorry that we're in this situation. FF and moderators, after launching an independent investigation, can't conclude definitively that he meant to subvert this signature or deliberately lie that he may or may not have seen it.

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Funny thing with all those gifs.... You know when shirts are printed for both teams in championship games. And the losing teams shirts get sent to some needy country..

My first NFL merch. Was a Cleveland Browns AFC Champions shirt I found when visiting Guyana. The year of "The Drive". Which I didnt know what football was, "the drive", Cleveland lost or any of that at the time. I was sporting that sucka to school and everywhere lol.

eBay that ****.

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

LOL

I kid you not, when I visited the Dominican Republic in college, I had a similar experience with a LOS ANGELES RAIDERS shirt...it had to have been over 15-20 years old. Some little 8 year old was wearing it. I didn't know whether to laugh and take a picture or give the kid $20. I'm serious.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The real question is, who would that be if BOTH UGA and Bama are in IF UGA pulls the upset in the scenario above? LSU? UK?

It'd probably be A&M.  Kentucky beat Florida, but lost to A&M.  Florida beat LSU, but lost to Kentucky.  LSU lost to Florida and A&M, so they're clearly out.  A&M beat Kentucky.  So because A&M beat Kentucky who beat Florida who beat LSU, I'd think A&M would be who the Sooners would face.

Just now, CWood21 said:

It'd probably be A&M.  Kentucky beat Florida, but lost to A&M.  Florida beat LSU, but lost to Kentucky.  LSU lost to Florida and A&M, so they're clearly out.  A&M beat Kentucky.  So because A&M beat Kentucky who beat Florida who beat LSU, I'd think A&M would be who the Sooners would face.

I would genuinely feel bad for OU if they got left out of the playoff AND had to play some 3rd/4th rate SEC team. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

I would genuinely feel bad for OU if they got left out of the playoff AND had to play some 3rd/4th rate SEC team. 

I would too.  Fortunately, I think they're in a win and they're in scenario.  IF Ohio State jumps Oklahoma tonight, it becomes a bit more fuzzy.

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. Oklahoma

I think this is the obvious setup if Georgia loses to Alabama in the SEC Championship. 

If Georgia wins...

1. Clemson

2. Georgia

3. Notre Dame

4. Alabama or Oklahoma

Personally I might get some heat but I’d put in Oklahoma over Alabama if they lose the SEC Championship. You lose your biggest game of the year, with a super easy schedule, while Oklahoma has been red hot...

I don’t expect Alabama to lose to Georgia though. 

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

eBay that ****.

Im def phoning mom to mail it to me here in a min, first time Ive thought of that thing in ages. Ill have to toss up pics. But she aint bein sold. That brown joker would look splendid clashing in my purple and yellow LSU man cave.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I would too.  Fortunately, I think they're in a win and they're in scenario.  IF Ohio State jumps Oklahoma tonight, it becomes a bit more fuzzy.

Only if Bama beats UGA, but if that happens, I do too. However, IF (A BIG IF) OSU were to completely blow the doors off of Northwestern on Saturday, then I think that the reset button gets hit again. Who knows with this committee though.

OSU has been up and down all year and inconsistent. Oklahoma's defense is an absolute joke. OSU has clearly the best win and clearly by far the worst loss. Both teams have an argument, and neither team has an argument.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Only if Bama beats UGA, but if that happens, I do too. However, IF (A BIG IF) OSU were to completely blow the doors off of Northwestern on Saturday, then I think that the reset button gets hit again. Who knows with this committee though.

OSU has been up and down all year and inconsistent. Oklahoma's defense is an absolute joke. OSU has clearly the best win and clearly by far the worst loss. Both teams have an argument, and neither team has an argument.

IF Ohio State is behind Oklahoma after tonight's rankings, I don't think there's a scenario in which Ohio State would jump Oklahoma when Oklahoma wins.  A blowout win by Ohio State probably isn't going to change things.  Ohio State opened with a 14 point spread, so everyone is expecting a blowout.  It'd be one thing if you had a blowout in what was expected to be a close game.  But winning big probably doesn't change anything for Ohio State IMO.

Only way I put OSU in is if Alabama beats Georgia and Texas beats Oklahoma. Then OSU sneaks in as #4 imo. 

I mean if OSU blows Northwestern out of the water and Oklahoma wins like 55-50, it will definitely have to be a discussion. I think I’d still put in Oklahoma though. 

Archived