FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

Me and @klyon7634 made a swap to even out our MLB and MILB picks. Remember you can only put 10 MILB guys in the MILB roster. NOW you CAN have MORE MILB picks than spots, but you have to manage your roster. You can't exceed 10 MILB rostered players and 25 MLB rostered players. If you drafted an injured guy (Koepech + others) then moving them to IR will allow you to draft 26 MLB guys, since you can already move one to IR. 

Also, remember guys we've drafted in MLB, can't be put into MILB roster, till they are sent down again IRL, most likely Spring Training.

So keep that in mind with drafting. You CAN draft 26 MLB guys if you IR someone, but if you don't have someone you can IR then make a deal to get rid of a MLB pick, or going to have 11 MILB guys make sure you manage that, as again you CAN draft 11 MILB guys but only 10 can be on your MILB roster, so at least 1 will have to be on your MLB roster, which will be okay if you have a MLB ready MILB player (Vlad, Eloy, Senzel?, etc) but keep that in mind. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, nagahide13 said:

Yep. I generally see 8-10. Leagues I'm in usually have a much smaller roster, though. It's a lot more flexibility to play around with, but this is much more impactful.

The bench seems crazy small to me as well. I'm surprised that I overlooked it for so long - I'm glad that I got a versatile player like **** Hernandez. What was the rationale for having such a small bench in an otherwise very deep league? 

6 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

The bench seems crazy small to me as well. I'm surprised that I overlooked it for so long - I'm glad that I got a versatile player like **** Hernandez. What was the rationale for having such a small bench in an otherwise very deep league? 

Honestly never seen a bench that deep so didn't think twice. Especially with 10 minors and unlimited DL/Suspension spots.

10 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Old elite had 6 bench spots. We cut one active hitter out (UTIL) and one bench spot from the old league. Now that you don't have to stash prospects in bench spots we felt this is similar to old elite and keeps the FA list somewhat meaning full.

Ah, I get that. I've see places that don't consider a league a true dynasty unless 600+ players are drafted...I think we will be at 560, which is close I suppose. There will still be some useful players available on waivers if that's what you were going for. 

14 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Ah, I get that. I've see places that don't consider a league a true dynasty unless 600+ players are drafted...I think we will be at 560, which is close I suppose. There will still be some useful players available on waivers if that's what you were going for. 

Yup. And a somewhat useful yearly draft. So bad teams don't have to wait on their top prospects they draft yearly to develop then hit before they get better.

Wanted to strike a balance between dynasty and still giving some yearly turnover. As with all rules and settings we'll look at then after the year, but I think the balance is good as of right now.