Aaron Rodgers SUCKED Against the Cardinals (Gif Edition)

AlexGreen#20

I'm going to go ahead and say what it seems like very few (if any) are willing to say...

Aaron Rodgers missed throws and ignored open reads on purpose as a means to force the team to act. And furthermore, I have no problem with it. The organization acted way too slow in dismissing Ted Thompson and it couldn't afford a repeat with Mike McCarthy. If anything the drastic measures taken by Rodgers indicate they waited too long on McCarthy as well.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm going to go ahead and say what it seems like very few (if any) are willing to say...

Aaron Rodgers missed throws and ignored open reads on purpose as a means to force the team to act. And furthermore, I have no problem with it. The organization acted way too slow in dismissing Ted Thompson and it couldn't afford a repeat with Mike McCarthy.

Theres no way a guy who reportedly rages about losing at cards or friggin ping pong threw NFL games on purpose.

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Aaron Rodgers missed throws and ignored open reads on purpose as a means to force the team to act. And furthermore, I have no problem with it. The organization acted way too slow in dismissing Ted Thompson and it couldn't afford a repeat with Mike McCarthy. If anything the drastic measures taken by Rodgers indicate they waited too long on McCarthy as well.

Was he doing it to get MM fired when he did it week 1? What about 2015? This has been an ongoing issue. Seems like he fixed it in the second half of 2016 and when he was active in 2017, then regressed again.

11 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Theres no way a guy who reportedly rages about losing at cards or friggin ping pong threw NFL games on purpose.

If after years of being worn down giving it his all, he realizes that the path to winning again is not winning now, he can justify missing a few throws.

The ends justify the means. I know not everyone agrees with such, but ultra-competitive people use that logic all the time.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If after years of being worn down giving it his all, he realizes that the path to winning again is not winning now, he can justify missing a few throws.

The ends justify the means. I know not everyone agrees with such but ultra-competitive people use that logic all the time.

If you want to get all conspiracy minded I could see Rodgers doing something like passive agressively staying with called plays he doesn't think will work instead of switching to something "better" but intentionally blowing passes I can't see that from someone ultra competitive.

7 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Was he doing it to get MM fired when he did it week 1? What about 2015? This has been an ongoing issue. Seems like he fixed it in the second half of 2016 and when he was active in 2017, then regressed again.

To me, the quantity and the type of misses reached an entirely new level as this season wore on. And the losses mounted, his level of egregious error-making went well beyond his natural capabilities. Sure the injury to the knee could explain a few missed throws but not this quantity and not some of the easy throws even I could make. He was successfully making most of these throws early in the season when the knee was no doubt worse. 

I simply can't buy that he regressed to an average NFL QB overnight. And I think his superior skills will once again present themselves soon enough to prove that out. Then the only question people will have is - why did he turn into Alex Smith for about 8 weeks during the 2018 season? If most choose to blame his knee, I'm cool with that. I actually hope that's what people chalk it up to.

44 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If Aaron Rodgers signed a massive contract, and then promptly tanked to take down people's career's, that would be a serious ****ed up thing to do.

If that was the concern, he shouldn't have signed the contract. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Aaron Rodgers signed a massive contract, and then promptly tanked to take down people's career's, that would be a serious ****ed up thing to do.

But yet here we all are today comfortable with (if not rooting for) losses to improve the team's draft slot. I don't think any of us stopped being Packers fans. We all just want what's best for the future. Does Aaron Rodgers not share that same hope? Is it all that far-fetched to think he might have concluded their best chance to win a Super Bowl while he is under said contract is take some steps backward in 2018?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're the best person to ask - do you think all those plays you reviewed mean Rodgers has lost it? Do you think his skills have diminished so greatly? Personally I think he's still got it and he simply wasn't giving his all. And for someone as competitive as Rodgers, not giving it your all is only justifiable if for a higher purpose.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

But yet here we all are today comfortable with (if not rooting for) losses to improve the team's draft slot. I don't think any of us stopped being Packers fans. We all just want what's best for the future. Does Aaron Rodgers not share that same hope? Is it all that far-fetched to think he might have concluded their best chance to win a Super Bowl while he is under said contract is take some steps backward in 2018?

"Brian, I am not comfortable signing this contract with Mike as the head coach."

That was the appropriate way of handling this situation.

Going into a season tanking to get rid of the coach is ridiculous. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

To me, the quantity and the type of misses reached an entirely new level as this season wore on. And the losses mounted, his level of egregious error-making went well beyond his natural capabilities. Sure the injury to the knee could explain a few missed throws but not this quantity and not some of the easy throws even I could make. He was successfully making most of these throws early in the season when the knee was no doubt worse. 

I simply can't buy that he regressed to an average NFL QB overnight. And I think his superior skills will once again present themselves soon enough to prove that out. Then the only question people will have is - why did he turn into Alex Smith for about 8 weeks during the 2018 season? If most choose to blame his knee, I'm cool with that. I actually hope that's what people chalk it up to.

I think he's an incredibly talented player who has (in part) fallen into bad habits with his progressions, mechanics and form. Happened to me and others when I used to throw discus. You try to work on one thing, neglect another and now you've developed a habit and you have a meet to prep so you can't break down your whole throw to try to fix that part. I'd suspect the injury and the resulting missed practices played a role in that but it's not like he was looking star-caliber at the beginning of the bears game week 1 either.

Also, if you're trying to throw the game, why even take the team into field goal range and just bank on Crosby missing it?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

"Brian, I am not comfortable signing this contract with Mike as the head coach."

I never said or implied he went into this season tanking. The comeback against the Bears in week 1 is evidence of that. I think as the season went on he finally realized it wasn't going to happen with MM as coach. Call it intentional or merely being less driven out of hopelessness, Rodgers was not himself out there as the losses mounted and I don't believe its due to injury.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gutekunst replies "we will look at things after the season.  We are committed to exploring all options to win titles. "

Things start going south, and Rodgers accelerates the rebuild by playing sitting for better draft capital. 

1 minute ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I think he's an incredibly talented player who has (in part) fallen into bad habits with his progressions, mechanics and form. Happened to me and others when I used to throw discus. You try to work on one thing, neglect another and now you've developed a habit and you have a meet to prep so you can't break down your whole throw to try to fix that part. I'd suspect the injury and the resulting missed practices played a role in that but it's not like he was looking star-caliber at the beginning of the bears game week 1 either.

Also, if you're trying to throw the game, why even take the team into field goal range and just bank on Crosby missing it?

I'm in 100% agreement on fundamentals and mechanics lapsing and have stated as such here. As for throwing games, those are your words, not mine. I said missing reads and throws on purpose. You can't be blatant. You pick and choose your spots to be less than effective and the chips fall where they may. Even if Crosby makes that FG the damage had been done. Personally I think he made it a little too obvious at times.

Archived