Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting offseason.  A lot of questions to be answered.  RG is such a question mark.

It is. We don't seem to have one on the roster. And RT is a big question too.

But if we wanna flip this roster quickly, a vet is a far better option.

I could see Licht going after Barr to play the Suggs type 3-4 LB in Bowles defense. Barr is good but could really excel in that defense. Not sure where that would leave us with JPP. Have a starting DL of Nassib, Vea and JPP with LB group of Minter/Beckwith, David, Devin White and Barr. Add Mathieu as well. I think that would be a solid defensive front. Then just grab Jeff Simmons in the 2nd and redshirt him.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

I would approve on all 3 pick ups. Then in the draft go BPA first round and use those mid round picks on guards. 

Barr, Honey badger, Darby plus

Oliver

Deiter

Risner

Risner can play C next year after we cut Jansen or move Ali back.

I probably under estimate how much this roster will change.  I always thought Barr would be a very good 3-4 OLB coming out of UCLA.   If they are not going to invest in Kwon and go cheaper at MLB, investing money at OLB makes sense.  JPP has 2 more years.  Nassib had a great year, but can he sustain it again.  If they move on from GMC and don t resign Kwon, I hope they spend that money at OLB as opposed to ouside CB.  

Barr and Matheiu are my top 2 targets.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Could help drive down Kwon's pricetag a smidge.

Yup, I thought I heard in one of the recent podcasts, I think Trev on Draft Network that Beck has cleared his physical hurdles from his injury. Basicalky, a lot more optimism on his return.   I just wonder in a Bowles defense it makes sense to spend big money on 2 ILBS.  Bowles was a DB in hos career.  Does he prioritize ILB that highly in his vision of defense.  No doubt. David won t come off the field.  The other ILB, doubtful.

Archived