Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

34 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Jameis and Smith are going to make 35 million dollars combined next season which will offset most of these cuts. Especially because it’s looking like mccoy will be back.

It’s  about allocation of resources. You have arguably  the worst defense in football and no offensive line. Is it really worth it to keep Hump at 8-10 million a year to be a number 4 target in the offense? What about the 7 million to Brate to be a backup TE?

That money can be used to invest in a starter on the offensive line or secondary 

I don't disagree. But I'm looking at what might be done.

22 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yep...  I think what it comes down to is they are going to have to cut some of these guys and IMO is the logical move.  Now if they don't and keep all these guys its just saying the only problem with the team was the coaching, which I highly doubt but anything is possible.

Arians and our skill coaches seem pretty excited about all our skill players. Letting Hump walk and keeping DJax or trading/cutting DJax and resigning Hump are both possibilities. And I'd expect one or the other to happen.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Not sure about that, Licht is still here.  BA back ups Gabbert and Stanton are under contract.  Griffen is only going to get the vet minimum.

True. But BA loves him some QBs. And we've talked to a few day three guys at the combine. 

If Griff is best available, I'm sure he'll be back. But he doesn't have the safety blanket of familiarity of our offense anymore.

Archived