Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I doubt BA wants to be taking fliers though.

Houston at his age and injury history is just that.  It s okay to sign guys to 1 yr below 5 million contracts and see if they can out play their contracts.  I believe it is the smart play for this team considering cap space and lack of success signing guys to multi yr deals.  

Pretty confident Okafor or Golden will cost less then Houston.  

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Houston at his age and injury history is just that.  It s okay to sign guys to 1 yr below 5 million contracts and see if they can out play their contracts.  I believe it is the smart play for this team considering cap space and lack of success signing guys to multi yr deals.  

Houston will cost a load. He not taking a paycut to play for a sorry team like us. I think the Jets or Raiders will be all over this guy. Which means Josh Allen can slide down a spot.

12 minutes ago, indifference said:

What’s CJ Mosley contract expected to look like ? 

I dunno. But Kuechly is number one at $12.3M. McKinney and Kendricks have recently signed for $10M.

I would guess Mosley becomes the highest paid LB.

22 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

We honestly probably can't afford any of those guys unless they're gonna take ~$3M.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno. But Kuechly is number one at $12.3M. McKinney and Kendricks have recently signed for $10M.

I would guess Mosley becomes the highest paid LB.

So Jordan Hicks will probably want 8-9? If im Tampa we ought to wait for the second wave of FA. Honey Badger id go get but everyone else can wait.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We honestly probably can't afford any of those guys unless they're gonna take ~$3M.

Maybe, it s all about who they cut or restructure to create space.  They definitely need another ILB besides if they plan on bringing Minter back.  I think they ll try and sign Matheiu, but they could bring back Adams on the cheap.  I think Claiborne is as close to a lock as any free agent available to dign.

40 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not really a good coverage safety. Great playmaker in the box though. Licht tried to trade for him before the trade deadline and I hope he passes again. Will be overpaid, severely..my guess cowboys will be over him if they miss on ET.

I really don’t see us signing a safety in free agency the more I think about it. Well maybe a vet backup. Evans, Whitehead and Stewart will be serviceable or better with new coaching.

I know we like White but if we could get Lavonte and Mosley in the middle with Josh Allen in the rush LB spot, my oh my. Pipe dream.

44 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I really don’t see us signing a safety in free agency the more I think about it. Well maybe a vet backup. Evans, Whitehead and Stewart will be serviceable or better with new coaching.

I know we like White but if we could get Lavonte and Mosley in the middle with Josh Allen in the rush LB spot, my oh my. Pipe dream.

Free agency will tell us who we're drafting. If we go into the draft with just Lavonte, bet your house that White is the pick.

3 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Why not?

I'm still hoping for Adrian Amos. 

Archived