Trubisky and the end of the season

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Green Bay is something like 6th this year against the pass. This is another big test. I'd be happy with a 22-30, 275 yards, and 2 TD effort.

That would be reassuring to say the least.

Trubisky is either going to use these 3 games to get right and build some momentum, personally, or we are going to have to coach around him in the playoffs.

I went back and focused on all his throws against the Rams last week... it's his footwork man. When he's clean he's on-point with his throws, when his feet are scattershot everything goes to hell. I'd have to think it will be a big focus of his in the off-season. As for now? Just keep drilling him on the fundamentals.

Dan Orlovsky said it best on his radio show, QBs can always improve their accuracy in the off-season by focusing on their mechanics.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

I went back and focused on all his throws against the Rams last week... it's his footwork man. When he's clean he's on-point with his throws, when his feet are scattershot everything goes to hell. I'd have to think it will be a big focus of his in the off-season. As for now? Just keep drilling him on the fundamentals.

Dan Orlovsky said it best on his radio show, QBs can always improve their accuracy in the off-season by focusing on their mechanics.

I agree his left foot is a mess when he plants. It is like a pitcher landing in a different spot on the mound every pitch.

I am giving him GB and SF with normal play calling before I put the handcuffs on him. If he plays well in those games then I think Nagy puts the handcuffs in his pocket.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agree his left foot is a mess when he plants. It is like a pitcher landing in a different spot on the mound every pitch.

I am giving him GB and SF with normal play calling before I put the handcuffs on him. If he plays well in those games then I think Nagy puts the handcuffs in his pocket.

It'll be interesting AF to see how Nagy handles this moving forward... if you ask me, I don't think he takes his foot off the gas unless Mitch gives him a reason to in the game (see: 0 attempts after 3rd INT).

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

It'll be interesting AF to see how Nagy handles this moving forward... if you ask me, I don't think he takes his foot off the gas unless Mitch gives him a reason to in the game (see: 0 attempts after 3rd INT).

I think when the playoffs are here you have to go with what gives you the best chance of winning.

I am happy with what I have seen from Mitch, but you simply cannot trust him in big games and against top competition. I wish he was further along in his development, but that is where we are at.

Partly based on injury, but it has been well over a month since we have seen "Good Mitch". I am not 100% sure, based on health, opponent, and confidence, that we are going to see "Good Mitch" again this season or at least consistently enough to lean on him in the playoffs.

Just now, G08 said:

@WindyCity I'd be a lot more concerned if Trubisky wasn't seeing defenses well or was just completely baffled by coverages. Most of his INTs have come from inaccurate throws, with the occasional "WTF are you doing" mixed in.

Whatever the cause, it is not likely to be fixed in the next 3 weeks. We have been talking about the wild over throws all season. Most of his picks have come on the exact same play, many on the same deep crossing route.

Long term, I am not concerned.

Short term, I am concerned. 

But as you said Nagy seems to be locked in on this as well and essentially bench Mitch after the 3rd interception.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

This is another reason I want more short & intermediate throws. There is timing and rhythm to them, as opposed to a 5 step drop then waiting to throw across the field. Try the deeper stuff after he has gotten comfortable, if if he is doing well in the mid game. 

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Trubisky is currently sitting at a pretty brutal 3.4% interception rate.

I'm a broken record here, but at this stage in his development I'm okay with his inaccurate INTs. If he was struggling reading defenses and throwing INTs as a result I'd be a lot more concerned.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm a broken record here, but at this stage in his development I'm okay with his inaccurate INTs. If he was struggling reading defenses and throwing INTs as a result I'd be a lot more concerned.

Still a little concerning from a guy who's accuracy was toughted at draft time.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

For context our boy Cutler is a career 3.2%.

Let me flip it to you like this, and be honest @WindyCity

If I told you before the season that Trubisky, through 11 games, has a: 64.4 completion percentage, 7.3 YPA, and just under a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, how would you feel?

5 hours ago, G08 said:

Let me flip it to you like this, and be honest @WindyCity

If I told you before the season that Trubisky, through 11 games, has a: 64.4 completion percentage, 7.3 YPA, and just under a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, how would you feel?

Solid. That would be just meeting my expectations.

Being sub 2:1 is pretty below average in today’s NFL.

We have reached the way too many turnovers point right now.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Solid. That would be just meeting my expectations.

Being sub 2:1 is pretty below average in today’s NFL.

We have reached the way too many turnovers point right now.

24 total TDs and 12 INTs.  Since when is 12 "way too many"? There is some major overreaction and hyperbole going on here.

Archived