BleedTheClock's 2019 Mock-Offseason (2019-2020 Super Bowl Recipe)

BleedTheClock

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

No to Walker, dislocated ankle and an associated fracture this season. Dont want any part paying or playing a 35yr old TE coming back from an injury like that.

He's not going to cost much money. He's still a great player despite his age and would give us at least a reliable checkdown guy. That's what we need in this offense right now, as Njoku is more of a seam-stretcher right now and our other TE's are useless as receivers.

No to Colt, again coming off of an injury. Browns already have the old vet on the team in Stanton. If were keeping Kitchens, your keeping Stanton, since both of them have been together for so long.

Drew Stanton is a coach at this point, not a player. We would need someone that actually can throw passes in an NFL game in case Baker went down. But you can replace McCoy with any veteran QB you'd like...that'd be fine. He was, IMO, the best one on the market that could be had for a cheap and friendly deal.

If the Browns go QB, I kinda want Patterson from Michigan. I think he could be a poor mans Mayfield. I think he has decent tool set but was just greatly misused in college. Harbs tried using him like Andrew Luck, when he has a lot more of mayfield in his game than Luck. Michigan should have been more of a spread team this year.

Why would you want Patterson? He's terrible and inaccurate. He throws wobbly ducks all the time and has made a habit of skipping the ball short of his WR's when they're wide open. And he's small. There are not many redeeming qualities about Patterson as an NFL prospect.

DT your labeling with lazy and inconsistent should be a major red flag

Chris Jones and a host of other great DL have had this label. I think he'll be the best DT available in the back half of round 2.

Barr's been terrible in coverage this year and he's kind of a ****** on the field. Awful fit imo.

James = Hubbard.

D.Walker is a player but why would he come to Cleveland? Titans aren't much different then the Browns. We'd have to grossly over pay him.

There's nothing wrong with Stanton as a backup. 

Compton's a solid player but we need an OLB who can cover. At this point he's not better than Burgess.

No to Anthony. We can find an athletic young guy with more upside.

On the draft, I like Metcalf. Willis in the 2nd seems too high to me. Willikes in the 3rd seems too low to me.

Just starting to watch Bassey and tbh I don't get the fuss. I watched him vs FSU and he looked slow and not the best tackler. He looks like a solid depth guy but one you might be able to pick up much later.

Rapp and Bachie are physical box guys but might be suspect in coverage. 

Don't know enough about Ivey, Johnson or Aston. Dungey could be Taysom Hill but it's a long shot and there are better guys that could return, play sts or backup at QB.

Archived