Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 12-18-18 part #1

jleisher

(Coaching Staff)

HC/ST  Dave Toub Chiefs, OC Zak Taylor Rams, PGC/QB Alex Van Pelt Bengals, WR Hue Jackson Bengals, RB Ben Sirmans, Asst. HC/OL Joe Philbin, RGC/OL James Campen

ST:  Rod Wilson Chiefs

Asst. HC/DC Kris Richard Cowboys, DL Rod Marinelli Cowboys, LB Pepper Johnson, DB Teryl Austin, S Chris Hewitt Ravens.

Team Needs:  Edge, OL, S, DL, TE, K, WR, RB, CB

Cap Space 2019:  $39,500,000

Released:  Bulaga (Injuries) $6,750,000, Williams (Not Needed) $4,750,000, Perry (Under performing/Injuries) $3,600,000, Daniels (Under performing) $8,500,000.  Cap saved $23,600,000  (Daniels and Bulaga are the new Nelson, CMJ and Cobb argument)

Total Cap Space:  $63,100,000

Outside FA's:  Earl Thomas S (Only because of Kris Richard as DC)  2 yrs/$24m  Cap hit $10m, Tre Boston S 3yrs/$18m Cap hit $5m, Ja'Wuan James RT 2yrs/$18m cap hit $8m, Jesse James TE 3yrs/$15m cap hit $3m, Shaquil Barrett EDGE 3yrs/$30m cap hit $8m, Jermaine Kearse WR 1yr/$6m, Muhammad Wilkerson DE 1yr/$5m.  Cap hit $45,000,000  (FA's I targeted I thought were players that are looking for change, Thomas I think will sign with Dallas if Richard stays in Dallas) 

Cap Space $18,100,000 (Gives about $10m or so to resign URFA's that want back.)

Team Needs after FA's:  DL, OL, Edge, TE, K, CB, S, WR, RB

2019 Mock draft:

#11)  Texans call and offer #27, 54 and 60.  With the FA's signed, we trade down.  

#28)  Zach Allen DL5T/Edge Boston College

#32)  Christian Wilkins DL3T Clemson

#43)  Dexter Lawrence DL1T Clemson  (Lowry, Wilkerson, Clark, Allen, Wilkins and Lawrence the DL is stacked)

#54)  Chris Lindstrom G Boston College

#60)  Hakeem Butler WR Iowa St.

#74)  Andre Dillard T  Washington

#113)  Elgton Jenkins C/G Miss St.  

#118)  Kaleb McGary T Washington (  Bek, Taylor, Linsley, Lindstrom, James, Dillard, Jenkins, McGary and McCary the OL has solid depth)

#150)  Chase Winovich Edge Michigan

#186)  Iman Marshall CB/S USC

#196)  Renell Wren DL3T/Edge Arizona St.

#227)  Jared Pinkney TE Vanderbilt  (Graham, James, Tonya and Pinkney form the TE group)

Key UDFA's:  Damian Prince G Maryland, Marquis Young RB UMass, Parker Hesse Edge Iowa, Drew Sample TE Washington, Rodrigo Blankenship K Georgia, Rafael Gaglianone K WI, Chase Hansen S Utah and Isaiah Johnson CB Houston. 

(Forgot) Resign Breeland.

53 Man Roster

QB:  Rodgers, Boyles, Kiser

RB:  Jones, Williams, Young

WR:  Adams, Allison, Kearse, MVS, ESB, Butler, Moore

TE:  Graham, James, Tonyan, Pickney

OL:  Bak, Taylor, Linsley, Lindstrom, James, Jenkins, Dillard, McGray

ST:  LS?/Scott/K?

DL:  Lowry, Clark, Wilkerson, Allen, Wilkins, Lawrence 

OLB:  Barrett, Fackrell, Gilbert, Donnerson, Winovich, Wren

ILB:  Martinez, Morrison, Burks

CB:  Alexander, King, Jackson, Breeland, Brown, Marshall

S:  Thomas, Boston, Jones, Brice

For everyone on this forum, the Rams' QB coach's name is ZAC TAYLOR - not Zach or Zak or Zack or any other spelling I've seen on this forum. As much speculation as I have seen about him it's pretty crazy how no one can spell the guy's name right. 

With that said I'd be fairly happy with this outcome for the offseason minus hiring Toub. 

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

For everyone on this forum, the Rams' QB coach's name is ZAC TAYLOR - not Zach or Zak or Zack or any other spelling I've seen on this forum. As much speculation as I have seen about him it's pretty crazy how no one can spell the guy's name right. 

With that said I'd be fairly happy with this outcome for the offseason minus hiring Toub. 

Thanks for the spelling correction and Toub could be a sleeper HC.  

4 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Thanks for the spelling correction and Toub could be a sleeper HC.  

Yes I get why people like Toub and he would be high on my non-offensive coaches list. I like your overall player acquisition and the coaching staff would be impressive either way. 

sigh ..  another off-season another mock draft of a Bulaga release and YAY now we can add Daniels / Perry into this category that makes no sense to release at either their dead cap created versus money saved or for having a single down year in a new system. 

I get trying to be creative but not sure I understand why we would get rid of Daniels, Adams, and Lancaster just to draft 3 defensive line in a row with our first three picks. Not to mention we go into next year with Barrett/Fackrell/Gilbert being our top three OLB with nothing proven behind them. 

3 hours ago, jleisher said:

#11)  Texans call and offer #27, 54 and 60.  With the FA's signed, we trade down.  

I would be pretty pissed if GB traded away the best draft pick they have had in 10 years to go back down to the typical draft area.  Stay at 11 and take a top tier talent.  If a move down were to happen, I would want it to be a small one and with a team that is likely to be bad in 2020 and get a 2020 1st.  

HOU as a good deal of talent and a  LOT of cap space going into 2019 (~7th most when adding in 2018 rollover).  That team's arrow is point up

That's an outlandish and completely unrealistic coaching staff mock.  

Would kill to have that coaching staff but it would never happen.  Outside of that, don't care for this mock at all for the most part.  

- Even with us stealing Richard, paying a 32 year old safety that just ruptured his Achilles 12 million a year would be a terrible decision. 

- Do not see any sense in releasing either Buluga or Daniels.  We can afford to have both of them and still draft their replacements this off season. 

- Why would a 26 year old starting RT only sign a 2 year contract?  Seems like we're making a slight down grade or lateral, for more money?

- Would love to have James for that contract as I believe he's a much better all around player than Jimmy Graham. 

- Don't love Barrett.  His production isn't very good considering he's never had to battle a double team.  Hard pass for me with numbers like that.

- Don't mind the Kearse signing.  Not a star but he's cheaper, younger, more durable and arguably better than Cobb. 

- Don't love the draft.  DL is this team's strength so I'm not sure we're getting our best bang for the buck by using 2 of our top 3 picks on them.  Have questions about Hakeem Butler as well.  Would much prefer a more polished WR than taking the same route we took last year drafting more so based on measurables instead of skill.  Would rather have a Adams type who was ultra productive in college than a MVS type who was an elite athlete but a mediocre WR. 

Archived