Rebuilding the Patriots

Elky

Just now, SBLIII said:

I agree. Infusion of youth is always good

Especially with Chung recovering from a broken/fractured bone, (right?), and Devin McCourty on the brink of returement apparently in a year. Duron Harmon is sort of best suited as a role player rather than a starter, and Jonathan Jones is maybe on the team for this season unless he gets an offer while tendered. Jones is also more of a tweener than a true safety and combined with his contributions on special teams there should be mild concern given his own history with spotty durability.

Hey guys, can we start posting signings and re-signings in their own threads? If you want to keep rumors and discussion about potential adds in here that is fine and dandy but Jason, John, and Brandon coming back should get their own threads!

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

McCourty is also back.

McCourty, Dawson, Gilmore, Jackson at corner

Jones, McCourty, Harmon, Chung at safety 

set

Jones? At safety? As in Jonathan? How did I miss that? I know he played some SS in the SB, but I thought that was just because Chung broke his arm.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Jones? At safety? As in Jonathan? How did I miss that? I know he played some SS in the SB, but I thought that was just because Chung broke his arm.

CB/S.

We hopefully add a good safety through the draft as well.

6 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Looks like we re-signed WR Dorsett to a 1-yr deal. Yay :D

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Hey guys, can we start posting signings and re-signings in their own threads? If you want to keep rumors and discussion about potential adds in here that is fine and dandy but Jason, John, and Brandon coming back should get their own threads!

Patriots have a little over $12 mill in cap space right now.

Former Cheifs defensive lineman Allen Bailey was in Gillette for a visit.

I'm not crazy about it but LaAdrian Waddle and the Pats are talking.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1106241917220802560

And free agent defensive lineman formerly of the Chargers, Darius Philon, has caught the Patriots eye. I don't remember him but he had four sacks in 2018.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/1106251377582530561

Archived