Preseason Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Carolina Panthers

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

tbh, you could probably even through Center in there as well.  Linder can't do everything, and it's not his fault the guys beside him all suck...but if he was moved to C to help organize and "lead" the O-Line, he hasn't really been all that great at it.  Our QBs aren't a big help with pre-snap stuff either, but how many times have wee seen the line sliding entirely the wrong way, or inadvertently giving free runs?  Guys seemingly not sure who they're even supposed to be moving in the run game, etc.  Like, there's a glaring lack of talent on the O-Line that is the core of the problem...but there's also been some pretty poor organization and a lack of cohesion as a unit as well - which imo kinda falls on the shoulders of the megadeal Center who was purportedly moved there to help lead and organize the unit on the field and get everyone pushing in the right direction together.

you mean the center who was first tried as a guard this year but they decided hey lets keep him at center.  maybe going Robinson-Cann-Bowanko/Shatley-Linder-Parnell might actually improve the lines performance.  1) it allows cann to play LG which is probably a better fit for him and probably feels more natural to him. 2) it would allow Bowanko to play his most natural position instead of playing a position hes barely had any reps at. 

regardless the contract isnt that bad even if Linder goes to guard. 

15 hours ago, Jags said:

They got abused. Whether it was run or pass, our defense was trash. 

Same issue as before...you're not going to have a strong defense if you can't get consistent pressure on the QB.  And they still can't.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So where are Yannick/Calais/Malik?

They’ve been fine. Problem is that that while they all fill in really well as a team’s 2,3,4 pass rusher, we have a black hole for a true #1 rusher, and also nobody that’s producing behind them in starter reps. The team is only getting about 70% of the pressure that you want from a unit. 

On 8/25/2017 at 6:41 AM, iPwn said:

He never gave back to the community. A lot of people have stories of him being a jerk to them when he met them, far more than had positive stories. Blocked anyone on social media who talked to him or used the @, even if it was positive comments. He was a jerk. 

I met him. He was a jerk. There was no misunderstood aspect to him. The guy was an arrogant, self-centered jerk.

14 minutes ago, iPwn said:
20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They’ve been fine. Problem is that that while they all fill in really well as a team’s 2,3,4 pass rusher, we have a black hole for a true #1 rusher, and also nobody that’s producing behind them in starter reps. The team is only getting about 70% of the pressure that you want from a unit. 

To add to this, it’s a group that’s clearly hurting for a Khalil Mack or Vic Beasley. Add that to the mix and get some production out of Bennett and Day and it’s a strong unit. But the team decided to draft Dante Fowler instead of both of the aforementioned guys, so here we are. 

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wherever the opposing OLine wants them to be mostly.

I mean Yannick is a nice player, but he's not exactly a dominant go-to edge presence.  He gets his sacks, but it's not really consistent pressure the majority of snaps when he doesn't get home.  Malik and Calais are obviously good players as well, but they're essentially both best suited to the same role...and neither is really a good edge rusher.  So you're not going to get the most out of both of them at the same time in this scheme, which isn't great.

There's some talent on the DLine on paper maybe, but there are missing pieces and overlaps that make it a fairly weak unit as a whole in execution.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Wherever the opposing OLine wants them to be mostly.

I mean Yannick is a nice player, but he's not exactly a dominant go-to edge presence.  He gets his sacks, but it's not really consistent pressure the majority of snaps when he doesn't get home.  Malik and Calais are obviously good players as well, but they're essentially both best suited to the same role...and neither is really a good edge rusher.  So you're not going to get the most out of both of them at the same time in this scheme, which isn't great.

There's some talent on the DLine on paper maybe, but there are missing pieces and overlaps that make it a fairly weak unit as a whole in execution.

I think Calias will be fine in the 5T role. But otherwise, spot on.

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

To add to this, it’s a group that’s clearly hurting for a Khalil Mack or Vic Beasley. Add that to the mix and get some production out of Bennett and Day and it’s a strong unit. But the team decided to draft Dante Fowler instead of both of the aforementioned guys, so here we are. 

Every time I see that new era commercial. Every time I see the Raiders or Falcons colors. Every single flipping time... I think about how we had the opportunity to finally draft a premier pass rusher 2 years in a row and we just passed it up. 

4 minutes ago, Jags said:

Every time I see that new era commercial. Every time I see the Raiders or Falcons colors. Every single flipping time... I think about how we had the opportunity to finally draft a premier pass rusher 2 years in a row and we just passed it up. 

Who's to say we wouldn't have screwed them up too?

Archived