Preseason Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Carolina Panthers

.Buzz

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I thought he was a nice boy, personally.  I get the hate because he was a totally burned pick on a garbage QB.  But he seemed like an okay dude to me.  Just didn't really enjoy being the laughingstock of an entire fanbase and/or league.

He never gave back to the community. A lot of people have stories of him being a jerk to them when he met them, far more than had positive stories. Blocked anyone on social media who talked to him or used the @, even if it was positive comments. He was a jerk. 

14 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Sign me up for this.  If we're going to do this whole circus again for another year, i want maximum lol at least.

If we're going to suck, let's at least make it interesting. 

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's a pretty hilarious athletic mismatch, but at the same time...Poz meets him in the hole and forces him to bounce.  Juked out of his jock, sure...but he still hit that hole and plugged it...sorta.  To where he's got help at least.  I take that from an old downhill thumper MIKE vs a McCaffrey 1v1 every time.  That's the stuff Poz does.  Even when he's getting embarrassed...it's not even that bad.  As long as it's not in coverage.

I love how you included the "As long as it's not in coverage" aspect in here. 

So what are the folks coming away with after this game? 

Should Henne remain the starter? 

Did Blake look good against 2nd stringers? 

Henne threw a couple of dimes down the field. 1 dropped and the other was a 37 yard gain. Outside of that, he missed Lewis wide open in the middle of the field and a few short throws. 

Blake was...

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

LG, RG and RT are all garbage. LT might require a TE chipping every play. 

Think you are going way overboard with Cam. He got beat bad by a great move by Addison. He got help here and there but ultimately looked quite goos outside of a play or two. Just going to get better and better.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Think you are going way overboard with Cam. He got beat bad by a great move by Addison. He got help here and there but ultimately looked quite goos outside of a play or two. Just going to get better and better.

Up until I fell asleep, they were basically tying Marcedes to his hip on every play. 

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Up until I fell asleep, they were basically tying Marcedes to his hip on every play. 

Didnt see nearly as much of that after the 2nd quarter got going. I also saw him put a couple guys on skates and one on his ***.

Cam Robinson has never been good at dealing with speed rushers off the edge. His strength has always been in run blocking, and no one is going to bull rush him. It's why just about any time he played a DE in college with NFL-caliber technique he was made to look pretty stupid at times in pass pro because they realized they could just get around him. The biggest issue of all is that his recovery in pass pro is bad as well. Any OT is gonna get beat at times, but most good ones know how to recover so long as their QB can buy them a second or so by stepping up in the pocket or whatever, and most QBs are capable of that, but Cam's kick step is so slow he often fails to recover and it puts your QB in a really bad spot.

If he's the best you got at OT then you've obviously gotta play him there, but he could be dominant guard in this league. I would not rely on him as a starter at T though. His pass pro against speed/edge rushers just isn't good enough.

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

LG, RG and RT are all garbage. LT might require a TE chipping every play. 

tbh, you could probably even through Center in there as well.  Linder can't do everything, and it's not his fault the guys beside him all suck...but if he was moved to C to help organize and "lead" the O-Line, he hasn't really been all that great at it.  Our QBs aren't a big help with pre-snap stuff either, but how many times have wee seen the line sliding entirely the wrong way, or inadvertently giving free runs?  Guys seemingly not sure who they're even supposed to be moving in the run game, etc.  Like, there's a glaring lack of talent on the O-Line that is the core of the problem...but there's also been some pretty poor organization and a lack of cohesion as a unit as well - which imo kinda falls on the shoulders of the megadeal Center who was purportedly moved there to help lead and organize the unit on the field and get everyone pushing in the right direction together.

Archived