Raider Revival V1 (Offseason Succession Plan)

Humble_Beast

First off, happy holidays to all. Here is my succession plan for this upcoming Raider offseason

Entitled: Raider Revival - Now down to business

Starting cap: $78M

Players to release: 

• Donald Penn - $5.6M - just to injury prone, time to hang it up
  • Seth Roberts - $4.6M - just too overpaid 
  • Carrier- 1.6 M -overpaid, Wallner or Paul Butler could fill his role. Butler looked good last camp
  • Depaulo- 900K- found a cheaper replacement

RE-SIGN

• Jared Cook - 2y 16M Been a top 10 TE, so top 10 TE money. Gives us time to find a young replacement over the course of two years
  • Jon Feliciano 2y 6m- one of those guys you want in the l ocker room, can backup any interior position.. wouldn't over pay him, but I would give him a second contract
  • Jonathon Hankins- 2y 18M- still young, would address are run defense with this massive run stuffer
  • Martavis Bryant  1y 1m- takes a paycut, and he put up with his suspension. could be a factor in 2nd half of season
  • Frostee Rucker 1y 1M- depth, knows the system and to be a mentor

RFA Sign to Tender

-RichardHarrisWorley, AtemanCabinda, SeigCalhoun, WrightKirklandCarlsonMeanderMichelHuntMurray

I would bring them all back, for depth and competition in camp

Cap Space going into Free Agency: 68M

FREE AGENTS

• Desean Jackson - 2y 10M going to get cut as Bucs have a lot of wideout of good wideouts. He is still very fast, and talented 2y 10M
  • Haha Clinton Dix-  4y 36M  this will be our big time free agent signing.... would complete our defense, be that physical safety to play all over the field 
  • Darqueze Dennard 1y 5m- had a down year, but knows the system... competition 
  • Shane Ray- 1y 5m- one year prove it deal, he signs to stick it to Broncos and help with pass rush
  • Kevin White- 1y 3m- prove it deal, guy needs a change of scenario... new coaching staff didn't bring him in... worth a shot with no promised money
  • Cameron Fleming- 2y 10M - basically swing tackle for Cowboys.. chance to come in, and win the starting RT spot
  • Brad Mortman- 1y 1M- basically completion for Townsend. 7year starting punter
  • Levon Bell- 4y 70M- makes him the highest paid RB in football... promise him 50M, we can spend big on him since alot of our core players will be on rookie scaled contracts for the next few years

Total spent in free agency: 45M leaving us with around 23m before the draft which would take about 6-7M.. Jackson, White, Fleming, Dennard, Mortman just stop gap guys as weak spots... Haha and Bell would be foundations

DRAFT

• 1.2 - Nick Bosa DE- Arizona defense is already good, they have a top 5 edge rusher... they offense is pathetic, they need to help DJ and Rosen(who might be a bust).. I think Jonah Williams rises and we get Bosa
  • 1.22 - Zach Allen DE- I'll go back to back DL to make this unit a strength of the young core, as it's also the strength of the draft. Zach and Bosa could form a bash bros on the edges, Zach 6'4 280 who is a explosive pass rusher, and stout against the run.. Key could be rotate in during obvious pass downs or be blitz from different angles.. Could go DT but I like the Hurst/Hall tandem
  • 1.27 - Germaine Pratt, LB, NC State -former safety who was great in college, great instincts, speed, shreds blocks, great character
  • 2nd- DK Metalf, WR, Ole Miss- 6'4 wideout who missed alot of year with injury to neck. should be fine, but he might be the best wideout in class. be a good spot to get a wideout
  • 3rd- Antoine Wesley WR- 6'5 WR who was great in college, a lot of value at WR day 2 of the draft...Raiders use day 2 to improve and develop pathetic WR corp
  • 4th-  Bryce Love RB- wildcard pick here, was talked as first in 2017, but came back for senior year. Injury prone, and bad blocking led to his nightmare year... value is very low right now
  • 5th- Marquise Blair S- need depth at safety spot.. All Pac 12 and a great safety in college. 6''2 4.5 40 time...
  • 6th- Derwin Gray G- interior line depth, but maybe could develop to someone to challenge Gabe Jackson down the road
  • 7th- Antoine Winfield S- Dad was a great player, JR is an explosive player.. He suffered a season ending injury and still recovering. Could also return kicks/punts
  • 7th- Tank Kelly CB- small school kid, but he is an explosive athlete. A bit undersized, but he plays the game very intense.... hence the name... Had over 7 ints, senior year

After draft bring back the following Vets for competition at the minimum(won't effect cap)- DE Ealy, DE Moore, DE J Smith, G C Green, T Clemmings,  CB McDonald, T Good,  CB Benwikere

2019 Raiders heading to camp(alot of competition)

QB: Derek Carr, A.J. McCarron, Peterman

RB: Le’Veon Bell, Love, Richard, Washington/Warren, J Butler

FB: K Smith, Yurachek

WR: Nelson, White, Jackson, Metalf, Wesley,  Ateman, Bryant, K Hatcher, S Blacknall, J Holton, 

TE: Jared Cook, Lee Smith, Wallner/Butler

T: Kolton Miller, Fleming, Brandon Parker, Sharpe/Kirkland, J McGloster, Clemmings, Good, Murray

G: Kelechi Osemele, Gabe Jackson, Jon Feliciano, Derwin Gray, C Green

C: Rodney Hudson, Hunt

DE: Nick Bosa, Zach Allen, Frostee Rucker, Arden Key, Calhoun, Moore, Ealy, J Smith

DT: P.J. Hall, Maurice Hurst, Hankins, Justin Ellis, Eddie Vanderdoes, Wright

LB: Whitehead,  Pratt, Ray,  Marquel Lee, Jason Cabinda, Nicholas Morrow, J Cowser, Collins

CB: Gareon Conley, Daryl Worley, Dennard,, Nick Nelson, Tank, R Gafford, D McDonald, Benwikere, Meander

S: Karl Joseph, Haha Clinton Dix, Erik Harris, Marquise Blair, Antoine Winfield, D Leavitt, Michel, 

LS: Seig

K: Carlson/Pineiro

P: Townsend/Mortman

Thoughts? Thanks for your time

Kevin white no thanks.. didn't want him in draft don't want him now.

Bell - pass looking for money which is fine but we can draft rb.

Desean Jackson - hell no. He's pretty much one trick pony and lost few steps also carr doesn't throw the deep ball that well anyway. Cooper is better wr and didn't get deep ball targets don't want another older wr

Clinton dix id be all for.

If we don't get bosa I feel like its a loss honestly

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Kevin white no thanks.. didn't want him in draft don't want him now.

Bell - pass looking for money which is fine but we can draft rb.

Desean Jackson - hell no. He's pretty much one trick pony and lost few steps also carr doesn't throw the deep ball that well anyway. Cooper is better wr and didn't get deep ball targets don't want another older wr

Clinton dix id be all for.

If we don't get bosa I feel like its a loss honestly

we have the money for Bell.. no big extension looming, and Kevin White just a camp invite. The plan would be to develop the two rookies....one of those, buy low contracts

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we have the money for Bell.. no big extension looming, and Kevin White just a camp invite. The plan would be to develop the two rookies....one of those, buy low contracts

I get it. Don't want desean jackson near team.

-Dont have a problem with the resignings.

-Reupping Hankins at 9 mill per is a no go for me, especially since we essentially have the same player in Jelly who we paid last year. Dont think he's worth near that amount. 

- Bryant is done.

-not a fan of the DeSean signing. Would rather take a chance on Devante Parker over Kevin White. Doubt Clinton Dix is on the market after the Skins just invested a 4th to get him. Shane Ray is damaged goods and hasn't really developed. It would be an epic fail if we came away from this FA class with him as our only edge rusher to show for.

-I do like the Dennard signing. Leveon is the perfect back for Gruden and Carr, but giving 17-18 per to a guy like Bell who has maybe 4 good years left would piss me off due to the fact that we weren't willing to go there for Amari and Mack. Sends the wrong message we dont pay our own homegrown talent but will break bank for troubled outsiders. 

-There is no way ARZ is passing on Bosa if they dont trade out of the pick. Hes the consensus #1 player. A need proof player. What are your thoughts on Josh Allen? He seems like the next best edge rusher

-I would actually love to double dip on EDGE and get Zach Allen. Dont know much about this WR class, but Metcalf fits the profile of the WR I believe Carr likes to throw to.

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

that is it guys??? I work hard on this, and I just get a comment nitpicking Desean Jackson....that's it? no breakdown or grade??

Not nitpicking makes ZERO sense. F for suggesting him.

Free agents as a whole are meh. Besides haha Clinton dix that off-season would be a big loss. We didn't sign cooper or mack to invest as a whole and we sign desean jackson and bell? We better land much more and spread out over a few positions not into RB which u can draft cheap.

Resignings are fine but Hankins needs to be lowered in contract. He didn't have job until us. Not like he's a hot commodity.

Draft idea is there, in terms of positions you drafted. Id prefer AJ Brown, or nkeal since carr seems to prefer big bodied wed. 

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Not nitpicking makes ZERO sense. F for suggesting him.

Free agents as a whole are meh. Besides haha Clinton dix that off-season would be a big loss. We didn't sign cooper or mack to invest as a whole and we sign desean jackson and bell? We better land much more and spread out over a few positions not into RB which u can draft cheap.

Resignings are fine but Hankins needs to be lowered in contract. He didn't have job until us. Not like he's a hot commodity.

Draft idea is there, in terms of positions you drafted. Id prefer AJ Brown, or nkeal since carr seems to prefer big bodied wed. 

This.

not a fan of Zach Allen either

• I think it doesn't make much sense to re-sign Bryant. He's not that talented to spend any money on him at this point.
  • Not crazy about the Jackson signing but don't hate it either. I think $5 million per is too much for him. Jackson does not match the skills of Derek Carr very well. For what he'll offer the team (deep decoy, jet sweep runs, screens) someone else could be had for much cheaper.
  • I don't mind bringing in HCD, but I'd rather spend money elsewhere, like at linebacker and/or defensive end. The Raiders could go into 2019 with Joseph and Harris as starting corner and be fine. Further, HCD is a 2-high safety which are a dime-a-dozen in the NFL.
  • Not a fan of the fliers you've chosen. I don't think Ray deserves near $5 per based on what he's shown thus far in his career. Same with White, he'll be lucky to sign for half that.
  • Bosa going anywhere but first overall is wishful thinking at this point and the Raiders should not count on it (you didn't address DE virtually at all in FA).
  • Zach Allen would be great if he makes it to 22. He'll probably end up as a top 3-4 pass rusher in this class for me.

Overall, I would not be satisfied with this offseason sans signing Bell and the unlikely landing of Nick Bosa. I think some key positions needed to see improvement would still be bad, namely: linebacker, corner, and wide receiver.

Archived