If Chase Roullier Looks Good at Center....

MKnight82

Just now, turtle28 said:

They haven't been practicing for any of the stunts and things different DLs will do or blitzes. Maybe it doesn't matter, maybe it doesn't I'm not an expert but the so called experts keep saying that over and over.

If it were a rookie who had never seen stunts, blitzes, twists, etc., then I might accept this argument.

Lauvao is entering his eighth year in the NFL. It isn't like he hasn't had someone run a stunt on him before.

On top of this, the defenses are also playing vanilla. He's just getting manhandled.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Hey Ace you got any more of that gum?

That's none of your damn business Dan.  

Was desperately trying to find one with the words, but I felt the continuation needed to happen first ... that said:

DQPcSxC.jpg

Just now, MKnight82 said:

We should have a game day thread where you can only post in gifs.  

Let me think on that one. IF we were to do it, you probably would need to at least post the quarter and time remaining for it to make any sense. Preferably with a player or players involved.

I'm not saying no, but I'm not saying yes ... yet. Eh, I might let this run for the third preseason game. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Let me think on that one. IF we were to do it, you probably would need to at least post the quarter and time remaining for it to make any sense. Preferably with a player or players involved.

I'm not saying no, but I'm not saying yes ... yet. Eh, I might let this run for the third preseason game. We'll see.

Elf.gif

The best guard play this preseason has been Kalias. Scherff too small sample size. Long is way over rated at center and before that at guard, but can't have two rookies starting on your OL to start the season because Kurt might get killed as they are inexperienced. So long at guard for a large portion or all season then next year Kalisz starts at LG.

nsheke is BY Far the second best run blocker we have after Scherff but they won't consider him at guard- maybe because Kurt isn't the tallest guy or because the coaches are idiots. Joe Jacoby and May towered over Nsheke and played guard for a while with the dimutive 5-11 Joey T. 

4 hours ago, Woz said:

If it were a rookie who had never seen stunts, blitzes, twists, etc., then I might accept this argument.

Lauvao is entering his eighth year in the NFL. It isn't like he hasn't had someone run a stunt on him before.

On top of this, the defenses are also playing vanilla. He's just getting manhandled.

Baltimore ran some blitzes that's Gruden said they hadn't practiced for and weren't prepared for aka, they weren't game planning and studying anything opposing defenses could be doing to them.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

The best guard play this preseason has been Kalias. Scherff too small sample size. Long is way over rated at center and before that at guard, but can't have two rookies starting on your OL to start the season because Kurt might get killed as they are inexperienced. So long at guard for a large portion or all season then next year Kalisz starts at LG.

nsheke is BY Far the second best run blocker we have after Scherff but they won't consider him at guard- maybe because Kurt isn't the tallest guy or because the coaches are idiots. Joe Jacoby and May towered over Nsheke and played guard for a while with the dimutive 5-11 Joey T. 

Kalis hasn't played against one starting Dl, he plays vs 2s & 3s. I like his potential but he doesn't know the offense or anything like the vets do and I don't think he's ready to face top NFL talent DL. There's a big difference going against a pro type talent in Mike Daniels vs going against a 2nd or 3rd team DE or NT.

Archived