BDL 2018 BizzBowl: #7 Hawaii Nightmarchers vs #3 Rome Eternals

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers vs Rome Eternals  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2019 at 05:00 PM

According to Ted brown is out then too

So I got two men basically Diggs, five man rush against rough interior line , hump on Smith, prince on Cohen five DL to take away running game with edge responsibilities.  Watson has no role apparantly. 

I don't see how they score much. 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

They were active.  Deal with it 

No....Injured with a shoulder and knee, limited in practice and did not play.

Deal with it?  Really, stop having a meltdown.  

Let's just give it to Rome because injured players don't matter for his team.

32 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

This is I believe why we need to stop playing in week 17, or at least lock week 16 rosters for week 17, because it's a mess.

I agree here. We need to figure out a real solution to this because it isn't the first time it's happened (you pointed out the exact same situation with me and Tyron a couple years go) and is clearly an issue.

I really hate debating for match-ups and think we should discuss this for a little more clarity in the winter meetings instead of playing a guessing game of who is and isn't injured. I just want this to be treated evenly. If you're going to say Brown is ruled out because he was inactive with an injury designation then both Tyron Smith and Ryan Ramczyk should be held to the same standard as they both missed practices and had injuries. DJ Swearinger or Drew Brees who were both inactive but had zero injury designation so by the rules of the BDL they should be considered active. 

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

I really hate debating for match-ups and think we should discuss this for a little more clarity in the winter meetings instead of playing a guessing game of who is and isn't injured. I just want this to be treated evenly. If you're going to say Brown is ruled out because he was inactive with an injury designation then both Tyron Smith and Ryan Ramczyk should be held to the same standard as they both missed practices and had injuries. DJ Swearinger or Drew Brees who were both inactive but had zero injury designation so by the rules of the BDL they should be considered active. 

But ramcyk was active bro 

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I was ready to just say let everyone be healthy besides Kelly and ioannidis but everyone wants to go otherwise 

There are three things undisputable. AB is out. He was inactive for a game with playoff implications on his IRL team. Injury related or not doesn't matter. Tyrion Smith is out. I understand where bcb is coming from, but we had the exact situation with the same player 2 years ago, and if Smith was out then, he should be out now. Drew Brees is in.

Two disputable things are Ram and DJS. Ram may or may not be injured. He was active so bcb has every right to play him. Whether he's as effective as healthy is something each owner will have to decide in their voting. I'll have him like he was at 100% because he was not questionable coming in the game (nfl.com/injuries), but that'll be my choice. DJS was inactive because he just came in a new team. I'll hold DJS to same standard than when a player is traded and is inactive in his 1st week. We have no specific rule for this, so each owner will have to make up their mind on this. I didn't make mine yet.

I'm very sorry for both owners. I've been there and I know how crappy is feels to work all year and things go south because of stupid stuff like this. JLash and I both went here two years ago, and I think we were both advocates of a no week 17 rule the following off-season. This needs to be re-evaluated as we can't have debates like this every Bizz Bowl, and bcb and hockey are the first victims of it

I can agree @TedLavie  and thanks for being a "voice of reason" so to state.

As for my "case" for Swearinger he has been healthy all year and has played at a Pro-bowl level, the only reason he is inactive is because he is on a new IRL team but as far as the BDL is concerned he has played with the same group of guys all season and has not switch teams in the BDL. IMO he should still play at a high level.

My "case" against Ramczyk is that he was limited in practice all week, he was active on game day but didn't play a single snap. He's obviously allowed to be played by BCB but clearly he's not at 100% and probably well below that as offensive lineman generally at the last people to get a rest when it comes to sitting a teams important players.

Overall I think losing Smith and having a very injured Ramczyk is much more crippling to a team playing against a 5 man rush. AB is a big loss no doubt about it but considering my skill players without AB are still MUCH better than Russell Wilson's IRL and he's still in the discussion for league MVP.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Stoll doubling brown.  Hump on Diggs.  Prince on Cohen.  LVE on Barkley.  Pressure up the gut should be fine.  Keeping edges out stops their run strategy.  Prince stops Cohen strategy.  They are doubling Juju which leaves the underneath routes wide open for Edelman to have a field day and aren't switching up defenses.  Literally at all.  Brees will conquer one defense all game 

I might as well play the line-up game since you did as well.

As your line-up is currently written both Juju and Edelman would be double covered per my write-up meanwhile Clowney and Clark tee up on a not 100% Ramczyk and Braden Smith with the newly inserted Wiz to deal with Rankins and additional A gap pressure from Fackrell. On offense it was a solid choice to go 5 down low but we do have Watson in to block the extra man and I still lean on the talent of Barkley to be able to make plays both inside and out as he has consistently done all year behind an atrocious Giants line. Also while you did go small on Cohen It leaves Barkley one on one with LVE and Watson covered by Mosely which I think are both advantages for Hawaii. With the levels concept doubling Diggs just pulls Williams attention down low (because Prince is covering Cohen) just leaves Smith and Doctson (and the double moves/play action) with essentially a zero coverage deep. I think our balanced running game and play action deep passing put up enough points to beat a consistently blitzed Drew Brees with his top two weapons double covered and no running game.

EDIT: This is me just commenting on everything that was previously written in the line-ups and how it would apply (besides for the Wiz/Smith exception). I think both teams had a great write-up, I just think that how it's currently written I (obviously biased) believe that Hawaii has the better team and write-up.

42 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I can agree @TedLavie  and thanks for being a "voice of reason" so to state.

As for my "case" for Swearinger he has been healthy all year and has played at a Pro-bowl level, the only reason he is inactive is because he is on a new IRL team but as far as the BDL is concerned he has played with the same group of guys all season and has not switch teams in the BDL. IMO he should still play at a high level.

My "case" against Ramczyk is that he was limited in practice all week, he was active on game day but didn't play a single snap. He's obviously allowed to be played by BCB but clearly he's not at 100% and probably well below that as offensive lineman generally at the last people to get a rest when it comes to sitting a teams important players.

Overall I think losing Smith and having a very injured Ramczyk is much more crippling to a team playing against a 5 man rush. AB is a big loss no doubt about it but considering my skill players without AB are still MUCH better than Russell Wilson's IRL and he's still in the discussion for league MVP.

Where this this five man rush come from? 

Or are you literally claiming your rushing five have a double team on Juju playing in the slot have one deep safety and covering the RB cause all those can't happen 

Also per your writeup your doubling Juju and not Edelman 

Archived