BDL 2018 BizzBowl: #7 Hawaii Nightmarchers vs #3 Rome Eternals

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers vs Rome Eternals  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2019 at 05:00 PM

38 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So who is coming off for your fourth corner 

Fackrell will come off the field. Roquon will replace his pass rush or cover the running back if he goes on a route. That said it's probably mostly a pass rusher as Riddick is only seeing a few targets and Mack isn't being used in the passing game at all per your write up.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Fackrell will come off the field. Roquon will replace his pass rush or cover the running back if he goes on a route. That said it's probably mostly a pass rusher as Riddick is only seeing a few targets and Mack isn't being used in the passing game at all per your write up.

This makes more sense then rushing five every play.  Hope you understand that. 

Though the strategy could backfire in the Trubisky speed option packages.  Time will tell 

46 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Though the strategy could backfire in the Trubisky speed option packages.  Time will tell 

Is that really a thing? Assuming he's coming in for a WR we'll be back to our 3 CB/2 LB alignment. That said I'm not less concerned about Trubisky being called upon as a playmaker rather than a normal WR or RB.

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I can agree @TedLavie  and thanks for being a "voice of reason" so to state.

As for my "case" for Swearinger he has been healthy all year and has played at a Pro-bowl level, the only reason he is inactive is because he is on a new IRL team but as far as the BDL is concerned he has played with the same group of guys all season and has not switch teams in the BDL. IMO he should still play at a high level.

My "case" against Ramczyk is that he was limited in practice all week, he was active on game day but didn't play a single snap. He's obviously allowed to be played by BCB but clearly he's not at 100% and probably well below that as offensive lineman generally at the last people to get a rest when it comes to sitting a teams important players.

Overall I think losing Smith and having a very injured Ramczyk is much more crippling to a team playing against a 5 man rush. AB is a big loss no doubt about it but considering my skill players without AB are still MUCH better than Russell Wilson's IRL and he's still in the discussion for league MVP.

He wasnt very injured though. He missed two snaps last week with the injur and returned the rest of the game and then said three days later he was fine.

22 minutes ago, PR said:

He wasnt very injured though. He missed two snaps last week with the injur and returned the rest of the game and then said three days later he was fine.

Players say they're fine all the time, and then we see them riding the bench the next week.

Not even sure the injury reported (shoulder) is even related to the injury in the Pit game.

If he wasn't hurt at all then why have him on the injury report, or limit his practice.  Brees wasn't listed on the injury report, Kamara wasn't either because neither of them were dealing with an injury.

Even if it was a toothache that the coach thought I'd like to see him 100% for the post season so I'll sit him.  He's still on the injury report (shoulder).

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Is that really a thing? Assuming he's coming in for a WR we'll be back to our 3 CB/2 LB alignment. That said I'm not less concerned about Trubisky being called upon as a playmaker rather than a normal WR or RB.

He's come in for Brees.  I totes included it in the writeup 

49 minutes ago, PR said:

We can both agree he's less than 100% and according to BCB he's being moved across the line to LT and playing against one of the best DEs in the game.

Just now, bcb1213 said:

He's come in for Brees.  I totes included it in the writeup 

Yea, I'm completely fine with you taking your best player off the field and the person you're literally banking the whole matchup on to put in Trubisky with your line issues and my added pressure.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Yea, I'm completely fine with you taking your best player off the field and the person you're literally banking the whole matchup on to put in Trubisky with your line issues and my added pressure.

Your pressure up the middle all out against the pass works against you in the speed option.  Pitch it outside or keep it depending on what the lb does should lead to chunk plays imo 

8 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Now, Ramsczyk was not inactive, so I'm not sure why he's considered out or anything. Being on the bench still allows you to play. 

So according to the rules in BDL, Antonio Brown is OUT. Tyrion Smith is OUT. Ryan Ramsczyk and Drew Brees are IN. Like PR said

Followed this guideline.

Both teams missing some of the better weapons (Antonio Brown, Todd Gurley) makes this matchup not quite as spectacular as it could have been. 

Drew Brees is having an MVP caliber season, and really puts Rome on his back. But missing Gurley... man, that's the main difference maker between them winning the ship and coming up short. Love the Hawaii front 4, and I feel like they'll be able to get to Brees throughout the game and impact it there. Slight edge to Hawaii.

Oh god this game is a mess injury wise and it's tied because of course it is, we need to revisit the injury definitions on who is out and who isn't in the off season and moves games out of NFL week 17.

I joked about Brees being considered out earlier but he's obviously in and so is Ramcyzk IMO he was active he would've played if the saints were playing for the division IMO. Smith I could see playing in a must win but he has missed games this year so I'll rule him out.

Brown+Gurley being out affects both teams offenses in massive ways, the downgrade from Gurley to Mack+Riddick is massive IMO and really limits Rome's running game, their WRs make plays the entire game against a solid Hawaii secondary with a coverage scheme I have issues with. Brown being out sucks for Hawaii given they don't really have a no.3 passing game weapon that will make plays against rome IMO, Barkley+Diggs+Cohen will get there but I don't think they carry this one.

Brees leads a game winning drive in the 4th Q and whoever Rome's kicker is misses the 45 yard game winner as the game clock hits 0, only for the refs to throw an offside flag on Hawaii. The kicker kicks again and bam it's through the uprights.

Rome 30-31 over Hawaii. 

Both teams have very good gameplans and terrible luck, congrats to whoever ends up winning you deserve it.

This is one part I will mention...Mack isn't Gurley, but he still had 908 yards, 9 TDs, and averaged 4.7 yards per carry.  So I do think he is capable of carrying the load for a game.  It's not like he has sucked all year.  The big difference in the two is in the passing game where Gurley massively outperformed Mack.  But I think he does just enough this game.  

Archived