2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

gopherwrestler

Wouldn't be shocked to see Zimmer walk away. He's an old guy who's put a lot into these last few seasons while battling his own health issues. When he comes to consider next season he might not want to summon up the energy to do it all again.

Spielman will be on the hotseat. He's assembled a nice squad (O-line aside) but ultimately has yet to solve the QB issue despite chucking numerous high picks and money at it. If Kirk can't start winning big games with whatever we do offensively for next season then he's failed to be quite honest.

How long are we stuck with Kirk for?

And Spielman needs to be held accountable for his misses. He’s been a part of this team for more than a decade, and he’s been fully in charge  for 7 years, yet he has yet to fix key issues with this team. 

Yes, he’s done a decent job with drafting, and he’s found some nice supplemental pieces in free agency, but the areas where he’s continued to miss have been the biggest reason as to why they continue to lose. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Do people actually think that Zimmer CAN take this team the distance, or do they simply HOPE he can? 

And if you are in the group that believes the former, what have you seen from this team to have that opinion?

I truely do, but it won’t be him solo that takes us there. If the defense continues to play well, all that’s needed is a spark on offense. 

Hardest part is, will Zimmer actually let our offense open up. 

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Hardest part is, will Zimmer actually let our offense open up. 

And that is why I don’t think Zimmer is the guy to take us to the Super Bowl.

Honestly, his approach to the game seems counter productive to the rules and changes being made in the league. A strong defense is a great thing, no doubt, but a conservative, clock controlling offense is not. 

This team is loaded...LOADED with talent.  The one area we are weak, as we all know is on the offensive line.  Coach Zimmer might not like it, but what we need to do is draft the two best guards we can get our hands on.  I don't care if there is a great defensive prospect sitting there.  We already have a great defense and that, alone, is not enough to get the job done in today's NFL.  We need to find out who are the two best guards in the draft and find a way to get both of them.  It doesn't matter what it costs.  Trade up or down, or whatever you have to do.  We just ARE NOT going to get any better without better play on the interior offensive line.  When you have as much young talent as we do on the roster already, we have the luxury of reaching for what we need for one season.  They better do it, or even I will start calling for heads to roll.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Goph, this is not the time to be so reserved.  This is the time to let loose with your opinions!   ;)

Haha! I’ll have more thoughts tomorrow. I’ll calm down a bit and put some thoughts together. 

The reserved spots are for signings/draft picks, salary cap tracking, and current roster. Probably will start working on that tomorrow afternoon. 

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Haha! I’ll have more thoughts tomorrow. I’ll calm down a bit and put some thoughts together. 

The reserved spots are for signings/draft picks, salary cap tracking, and current roster. Probably will start working on that tomorrow afternoon. 

Yeah I know.  It's no problem.  I just thought I'd throw a joke out there to lighten the tension.  Have a good one buddy.

Archived