Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

14 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

• We complain about not giving Mariota weapons... but we're not willing to pay for that

This is the main takeaway. Sure it's a lot, but in terms of realistic options it's hard to see any others we will have a shot at worth anything in that ballpark. People talking about Williams or Humphries... We're gonna have to pay one of them $10-12M/year. I'd take Brown at that number over either of those any day. Diva or not it's a safer bet and finally would be an "all in" move to help Marcus. 

• Like 4

I keep thinking about what we're going to do at backup QB.  I still really badly want Teddy. I'm curious what his market is going to look like.  We could be an attractive destination for him because of Marcus' injury history. He could have a real opportunity to start several games if Marcus goes down, and I think he'd push Marcus.  The only potential starting spot I see for him right from the jump is Miami, so if he doesn't end up there I think he'd be in a situation where he's looking at a backup role with a good chance to start at some point. I'd argue we would give him one of the best opportunities to do that.

Give me Teddy or give me death.

1 minute ago, Mariota615TN said:

CRAP. This one of my favorite potential targets. Fudge.

Mike Mayock is looking like a genius already. Essentially trading for Antonio Brown for a third round pick. Osemele is a high quality player to lose, though.

Edited by Mariota615TN

14 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Mike Mayock is looking like a genius already. Essentially trading for Antonio Brown for a third round pick. Osemele is a high quality player to lose, though.

He's been heavily in to weight loss recently. Lost like 40 pounds according to a post back in February. Not sure he's gonna be the same player he was.

The more I think about it, the more frustrated I get. We can just keep being a mediocre team that makes safe moves with a friendly locker room that gives its QB little to work with for five years and then either has to extend a question mark or start the process all over.

I am sure that we will add some high-character, thoroughly average No. 2/3 receiver that we can all pretend to be excited about.

I just can’t imagine being happy about passing on Antonio Brown so we can pay a guy like Adam Humphries $12M a year to be a quarter of the player. It’s just settling. Like we’ve always done.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The more I think about it, the more frustrated I get. We can just keep being a mediocre team that makes safe moves with a friendly locker room that gives its QB little to work with for five years and then either has to extend a question mark or start the process all over.

I am sure that we will add some high-character, thoroughly average No. 2/3 receiver that we can all pretend to be excited about.

I just can’t imagine being happy about passing on Antonio Brown so we can pay a guy like Adam Humphries $12M a year to be a quarter of the player. It’s just settling. Like we’ve always done.

Yea that's pretty much what's going to happen unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a top tier WR with out 1st round pick. If OBJ's on the market, I would hope J-Rob is at least having discussions. None of the guys available are likely going to produce for the amounts they'll get. 

• Like 1

Tyrell Williams is my top guy right now. The receiver contracts are going to be ridiculous so it’s pay or nothing. Then draft Deebo Samuel in the 2nd. Won’t happen because for some reason they love Sharpe and Taylor. Sign edge in FA, OL/DL in the 1st, opposite in round 3, depth the rest of the draft.

17 minutes ago, VY said:

Yea that's pretty much what's going to happen unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a top tier WR with out 1st round pick. If OBJ's on the market, I would hope J-Rob is at least having discussions. None of the guys available are likely going to produce for the amounts they'll get. 

I’ll take back everything I said if we were to trade for OBJ, but that’s also a lot more expensive than a couple mid-round picks. I’d be happy with Golden Tate, but obviously even that’s not a real game-changer.

There really is a lot of WRs I’d be more than happy getting.

Tyrell Williams I’d be fine with but if we don’t get him Moncrief Kearse John Brown Crowder could all stretch the field so I wouldn’t mind any one of them if we miss out on Williams.

Tate Humphries and Beasley would be 3 others I’d be fine with.

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

There really is a lot of WRs I’d be more than happy getting.

Tyrell Williams I’d be fine with but if we don’t get him Moncrief Kearse John Brown Crowder could all stretch the field so I wouldn’t mind any one of them if we miss out on Williams.

Tate Humphries and Beasley would be 3 others I’d be fine with.

Yea I like Crowder as well. 

Kind of interested in Shane Ray on a 1 year prove it deal. He’s had a wrist injury which has effected him the past 2 seasons but I’m intrigued. Not as a starter obviously but I’d let him battle with Finch and Correa for the backup jobs. Houston is probably my #1 target right now for the staring job opposite of Landry. However, I feel he’ll probably take a slightly cheaper deal to super bowl chase and sign with someone like the Patriots.