2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

30 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I’d take Doyle in a heartbeat but Indy isn’t giving him up...especially with their love for 2 TE sets.

My goal would be that they are gonna pay one and lose one after this year. Overall they didn’t miss Doyle that much last year. 

Can I interest you in taking the 5th rounder in 2020 instead of waiting for 2021 for the comp? That would be my sales pitch. 

Did any of you see when JuJu went to a concert the other night and was brought out on stage and the entire crowd started chanting "F*** AB" over and over? It was lit as the kids say. you can find it on twitterverse.

Back to your regular scheduled program.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Did any of you see when JuJu went to a concert the other night and was brought out on stage and the entire crowd started chanting "F*** AB" over and over? It was lit as the kids say. you can find it on twitterverse.

Back to your regular scheduled program.

Where was it? Pittsburgh or California? Just curious. 

48 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Pretty sure it was Pittsburgh

Ya it was at stage AE.  It was funny to watch JuJu's snapchat story.  Every time he pulled out his phone, all the kids around the VIP section basically ignored the concert to get on his snapchat.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction in I'll be honest I might very well end up being wrong but honestly I hope I'm not. My bold prediction is that Ola adeniyi starts in game 1 opposite TJ Watt

I think unless Bud is hurt, or we start three OLBs, this is pretty far fetched. On the other hand, I do think Ola will heavily outsnap Chick. I don’t see Chick seeing much time at all on defense. I just think Bud does a lot of things that Ola can’t do right now, namely everything except rushing the passer. I am expecting Ola to eat into Bud’s snaps as the year progresses, though. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think unless Bud is hurt, or we start three OLBs, this is pretty far fetched. On the other hand, I do think Ola will heavily outsnap Chick. I don’t see Chick seeing much time at all on defense. I just think Bud does a lot of things that Ola can’t do right now, namely everything except rushing the passer. I am expecting Ola to eat into Bud’s snaps as the year progresses, though. 

This prediction I'm making is based on what I believe Ola adeniyi is capable of. When you really break down statistics that bud Dupree has a accumulated and you really look at the film in the breakdown how he got the sacks he did or actually eliminate the quarterback pressures that existed only in a situation where the quarterback ran for big yardage or where he might have got a hand on the quarterback but it did not result in a sack his numbers are not very good. Bud Dupree is not an above-average pass-rusher even though people here really want to believe that he is at best he's an average one. As a pass-rusher ola adeniyi already looks better than Bud Dupree last year in preseason and yes it's free season but if not for an injury I believe that he would have overtaken Bud Dupree last year. If Bud Dupree has an average pre season in ola adeniyi looks sharp again it's going to be really hard to keep him off of the field. I'll be honest it is my hope that bud Dupree have a great season because if he has a great season chances are he will still hit free agency and be signing elsewhere but if he has a poor season he will still hit free agency and sign elsewhere but I'd rather have them have a good season because it's what we need at outside linebacker you're right that most likely Bud Dupree does start but it's not that far-fetched that he doesn't

I will take that one step further in my opinion Bud Dupree is the one guy on defense that does not deserve to be a starter, especially after the comments he most recently recorded Lee made where he suggested that the only reason he hasn't performed better is because I've how many times he was held without it being cold and that he has gotten a hand on the quarterback but the quarterback has gotten away. Any linebacker in the league can say that in the use it as an excuse but it's a bunch of crap. TJ watt was held for more than Bud Dupree last season without it ever being called and he still got 13 sacks

Edited by wwhickok

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This prediction I'm making is based on what I believe Ola adeniyi is capable of. When you really break down statistics that bud Dupree has a accumulated and you really look at the film in the breakdown how he got the sacks he did or actually eliminate the quarterback pressures that existed only in a situation where the quarterback ran for big yardage or where he might have got a hand on the quarterback but it did not result in a sack his numbers are not very good. Bud Dupree is not an above-average pass-rusher even though people here really want to believe that he is at best he's an average one. As a pass-rusher ola adeniyi already looks better than Bud Dupree last year in preseason and yes it's free season but if not for an injury I believe that he would have overtaken Bud Dupree last year. If Bud Dupree has an average pre season in ola adeniyi looks sharp again it's going to be really hard to keep him off of the field. I'll be honest it is my hope that bud Dupree have a great season because if he has a great season chances are he will still hit free agency and be signing elsewhere but if he has a poor season he will still hit free agency and sign elsewhere but I'd rather have them have a good season because it's what we need at outside linebacker you're right that most likely Bud Dupree does start but it's not that far-fetched that he doesn't

I mean, you kind of kid out exactly what I said. Bud does everything other than rush the passer better than Ola. That’s why I think he starts. Bud is an average pass rusher, yes. He does do other things very well. He can cover, he can hit, he’s an above average run defender.

Ola, IMO, is going to be a designated pass rusher. Until he can prove he can cover, he’ll be a rotational guy. A player that is a one trick pony is not as useful as they once were.

This isn’t 1996 anymore. If this defense is going to be competitive it needs to be very fluid and free flowing. A lot of guys that can do a lot of things very well and do them at extreme speed. Ola has to learn to do other things well or he won’t play a lot. People are so stuck in this “conservative, 3-4, edge rusher rush, Buck linebacker hits the FB, NT holds a double team” mindset. That’s the past. Just because Bud is not a great pass rusher, he’s not even a very good one, doesn’t mean he’s not useful. 

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

Buds the type of player that ends up in NE on a cheap 3 year deal, gets used right, and everyone wonders how he became a FA. 

I think his ceiling, even on NE, is that of Kiko Alonzo anywhere but Pittsburgh and you see just how good he isnt in Pittsburgh.

Idc if he shines somewhere else. I hope he plays somewhere else in 2020 

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think his ceiling, even on NE, is that of Kiko Alonzo anywhere but Pittsburgh and you see just how good he isnt in Pittsburgh.

Idc if he shines somewhere else. I hope he plays somewhere else in 2020 

Him doing well is a benefit to us regardless of where he plays. If he puts it together and we resign him and the play continues is good. He plays well and finds a new home via FA, then we get a good comp pick for him. 

I wouldn’t mind to resign him, if we can for 8-10 mill and still draft an early round OLB. Can’t have too many. Plus Barron isn’t guaranteed to be back for the second year of his contract.

I know it’s ungodly far off, but has anyone seen Kenny Willekes from Michigan State? Dude looks like a beast on the edge. Looks like a good class of EDGE in 2020.

• Like 1