International Football Thread

LeeEvans

17 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

They were awful in the first leg. Didn't deserve a point. 

Doesn't change the fact it was an awful call.

Italy and Sweden have both had PK shouts waved off.  It looks like both should've been called so I'm sure Italy will take it.

Italy really lacks a striker. Don't know why they're trotting Gabiaddini out there when they have Insigne, El Sharaawy, Balotelli or Belloti available. 

Sweden should have benefited from a PK and 2nd yellow on that Barzagli hand. The first hand and the contact on an Italian player early in the game probably should have been whistled also.

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Italy really lacks a striker. Don't know why they're trotting Gabiaddini out there when they have Insigne, El Sharaawy, Balotelli or Belloti available. 

Sweden should have benefited from a PK and 2nd yellow on that Barzagli hand. The first hand and the contact on an Italian player early in the game probably should have been whistled also.

I agree with your assessments on the penalty calls. I thought Immobile has been very good, he's had great movement. Gabbiadini has had some good touches but has been mostly played around. Italy has just whipped in far to many useless crosses. I'd get Insigne on, let him run at defenders and play a little bit more give in goes around the box. Just a bit too basic right now. 

Wow. Italy are not going to the World Cup! Sweden defending absolutely brilliantly. Italy were quite frankly just not good enough and didn't deserve to go to the World Cup in either of the playoff matches and in qualifying. Awful performances, poor management and just a failure to live up to the talent. How you keep three centerbacks on the pitch when you've got like 80 percent possession is just unbelievably idiotic. Chiellini was the one whipping in crosses most of the second half, put on a fricking attacker to do that. 

Shocking result but Italy deserved nothing less. Well done to Sweden.