2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I also don't understand why people want to move Lee so bad. The guy is fast and I was thinking maybe Gregg Williams will use him on the edge to get after the QB. I would try this out during camp and see what he has. You can always trade him away well into the season.I think we did really well this year with the adds and we might even get a great package deal with the number 3 pick. The Giants are a mess with the OBJ trade and might panic and reach for their QB with us and we take advantage of it. 

To be honest Mosley's contract eats up Lee's 5th year option.  Better to trade him now and actually get something for him.  

I would call the Falcons about Alex Mack. He is 33 which would make him a stop gap guy but would give us time to groom someone who could learn from a guy who has been a top 5 center every year for the last decade.  Falcons have less that 20 million in cap space so the move would give them some flexibility.  Do I think it happens....probably not but it's worth the phone call.

Just now, xenajets said:

They were saying on Good Morning Football on NFL network that the Giants may use both 1st rounders now (since the OBJ trade) and trade up for Haskins in front of the Raiders. 

That would be picks 6 & 17.

This what I’ve been preaching since the OBJ trade.

I think Cards are locked in on Murray. 

Jets and Giants won’t do business but the Giants know the Jets want to move back.

Giants will have to get to pick 2.

That leaves Nick Bosa to slide right to us, Sam Darnold style. Vikings helping us back to back years.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Looney from the Cowboys could be attainable. 

Pollack coached him his first two years and he looked good in place of Frederick last year, I mean as good as you can look anyway. 

Zeke led the league in rushing behind him. 

Cowboys averaged 4.5 ypc as well. 

Not saying it’s all because of him but I think he’s a decent option in a weak market.

Jonotthan Harrison had a higher PFF grade than Looney last year.... just for perspective.... that is bad.

19 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

I think once Mosley signs his deal we will get some clarity with Lee.  

I still don't know if he's definitely gone; he definitely has a much better chance at remaining now that Barr spurned us. I get it that Barr was expected to be our primary EDGE, but he was also going to be a versatile chess piece. No linebacker we have is more versatile as a cover-backer/pass rusher than Lee. 

I can see the Jets using him at WLB and Williamson at SLB in our hybrid 43/34. 

27 minutes ago, DowNY said:

This what I’ve been preaching since the OBJ trade.

I think Cards are locked in on Murray. 

Jets and Giants won’t do business but the Giants know the Jets want to move back.

Giants will have to get to pick 2.

That leaves Nick Bosa to slide right to us, Sam Darnold style. Vikings helping us back to back years.

Why wouldn’t we trade with the Giants? Seems petty as it’s not like they are a division rival

Archived