2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

21 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Daniel Jeremiah's most recent mock is interesting, to say the least. His 3rd mock from last year was far from accurate so not suggesting it should be taken as gospel, but definitely some intrigue. He had us selecting Ed Oliver at 3, over both Josh Allen and Quinnen Williams. 

Can’t see that happening at 3. Trade back and I could see us thinking about Oliver.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Can’t see that happening at 3. Trade back and I could see us thinking about Oliver.

Crazy thing it wouldn't be a bad pick because he's a stud, his stock has just taken a hit. I wonder how Williams feels about him. Oliver can play any position on the line.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Crazy thing it wouldn't be a bad pick because he's a stud, his stock has just taken a hit. I wonder how Williams feels about him. Oliver can play any position on the line.

I like Oliver but i would be pretty upset if he was the pick at 3.  If we traded back 3 or 4 spots then sure.  

24 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I wouldn’t like the pick at all. We need an edge or go offense. Oliver isn’t an edge. He’s just a very athletic Interior guy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Out of all the guys in this draft, Ed Oliver seems like that one guy who can one day be defensive player of the year.  I’m all about the trade back though.  But i wouldn’t mind Oliver, Bosa, Allen, Burns and Quinnen at #3. I think all 5 guys are worth top 5 picks. None are close to guarantees though which is why I prefer to just trade back and take more shots.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Oliver is better than every offensive prospect in the draft. You don’t just go offense just because. 

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree with that. I’ll say it again and I’ve said it all offseason. Their really is no pick worse we could make than drafting another 3-4 DE when we already have Leo and Henry!!! I don’t care if Q or Oliver or whoever is there. If the BPA was a safety at 3 should we draft them? It’s no different than drafting a DE at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree with that. I’ll say it again and I’ve said it all offseason. Their really is no pick worse we could make than drafting another 3-4 DE when we already have Leo and Henry!!! I don’t care if Q or Oliver or whoever is there. If the BPA was a safety at 3 should we draft them? It’s no different than drafting a DE at the end of the day.

Just curious, who do you have on the offensive side of the ball as a better prospect than Oliver?

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Oliver will be a double-digit sack guy at the next level

For an interior guy the odds are actually stacked against him to do that each year. Especially if he played for us and wouldn’t get a ton of snaps. Bc like I said we already have to young proven guys at his same spot.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

You never agree.

Name a better prospect than Oliver in the offensive side of the ball. 

Also Henry Anderson is not good enough to stop us from drafting a better player. 

The top player isn’t a safety so why discuss a hypothetical?

Oliver isn’t a 3-4 DE. If you wanna put him into a box then you’re not evaluating him correctly.  

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Just curious, who do you have on the offensive side of the ball as a better prospect than Oliver?

It’s about what we need. My big board isn’t based on talent. Do you have Murray in your board? I don’t. Bc we don’t need a QB. So Q and Oliver aren’t even on my board. It’s edges and CBs on my board on defense and that’s it.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

For an interior guy the odds are actually stacked against him to do that each year. Especially if he played for us and wouldn’t get a ton of snaps. Bc like I said we already have to young proven guys at his same spot.

The thing about Oliver is that he’s not a scheme dependent DT. You can move him all over the line. He’s very scheme versatile. He’s strong enough to beat interior lineman, yet still athletic enough to beat tackles. From a pure upside perspective, he could end up being the best player in the draft. Will he?  Who knows. 

• Like 1