2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Add to the fact that SEA wants to off load him to keep Wilson.  We aren't prying away Arron Donald from LA we are helping SEA out to keep their franchise QB.

So essentially you want to not only help them out but wildly overpay?  I got to say it's one of the worst takes I've read on here in awhile which is a surprise coming from a typically level headed poster like yourself.

They don’t need to trade him to keep Russ. They have a ton of cap space next year. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

That isn’t necessarily the market. Tank would’ve yielded more. Amari Cooper yielded a 1st while no other team offered more than a 3rd. It’s supply and demand. Right now, FA is over, so supply is lower.  Again, I don’t care what the TVC says. I take Clark and 21 over Allen all day. 

Same here.    However, I don't mind some rework in the trade if permitted.  Who knows the trade could end up making solid value on both sides?

I won't cancel any Clark trade just because of Josh Allen.   What if Jets will have to draft Allen and then Jets have to give up 2020 1st round pick and either 3rd round pick to get another 1st round pick for OL.  That is probably worse than trading down with Seahawks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

It's completely different. One is a trade up, one is a trade down. I'm a lot more comfortable overpaying for my QB of the future than I am trading out of a top 3 pick for pennies on the dollar.

It’s not pennies on the dollar. You’re getting a sure thing as well. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

Same here.    However, I don't mind some rework in the trade if permitted.  Who knows the trade could end up making solid value on both sides?

I won't cancel any Clark trade just because of Josh Allen.   What if Jets will have to draft Allen and then Jets have to give up 2020 1st round pick and either 3rd round pick to get another 1st round pick for OL.  That is probably worse than trading down with Seahawks.

Bingo

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

That isn’t necessarily the market. Tank would’ve yielded more. Amari Cooper yielded a 1st while no other team offered more than a 3rd. It’s supply and demand. Right now, FA is over, so supply is lower.  Again, I don’t care what the TVC says. I take Clark and 21 over Allen all day. 

Ok so one team overpays so it makes it right?

We aren't desperate though when we have a potential stud OLB likely falling into our laps.  I'm glad Mac will laugh Schneider off the phone if he ever proposed that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Ok so one team overpays so it makes it right?

We aren't desperate though when we have a potential stud OLB likely falling into our laps.  I'm glad Mac will laugh Schneider off the phone if he ever proposed that.

Well one team changed the whole market is my point. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

So because Jets may make another move in the future for an OL player (not sure why they would trade that much for a poor OL class to begin with but) they should by all accounts help SEA out by overpaying for a guy they are trying to get rid of?  

Again SEA is trying to trade this guy not the other way around.  We are getting crushed in value and helping them out at the same time it's so bad.

• Like 1

This is all pointless speculation about a hypothetical wishful thinking trade scenario. Seattle and 30 other teams do not need us to facilitate a trade. Again, 3 team trades are so rare it's barely worth talking about. It is not happening, so next subject. 

Mark my words, Russell Wilson and more than likely Frank Clark will still be Seahawks when you wake up tomorrow. 

We can keep going back and forth because we’ll never see eye to eye but if Clark can be had for a 2nd, Mac should pull the trigger. If Clark could realistically be had for a 2nd, he probably would be gone now. Just because Ford got a 2nd and that’s what we should pay, doesn’t mean we or any other team will pay that. I get that the trade down from 3 to 21 is significant according to the TVC. I look at it from a player value perspective. If we were drafting Frank Clark right now knowing what he’d become, he’d be a top 10 pick. With that said, I’m taking Frank Clark and pick 21 as a sure thing over anyone we can get at 3. If we miss out on a once in a generational talent, it won’t hurt nearly as much if Clark’s production continues. If we stay and draft a bust, it’d hurt a ton. 

15 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

This is all pointless speculation about a hypothetical wishful thinking trade scenario. Seattle and 30 other teams do not need us to facilitate a trade. Again, 3 team trades are so rare it's barely worth talking about. It is not happening, so next subject. 

Mark my words, Russell Wilson and more than likely Frank Clark will still be Seahawks when you wake up tomorrow. 

Frank Clark getting traded is not wishful thinking, it's a strong possibility.

and duh, nobody is saying this is gonna happen today lol.

Anyway,  why the hell does Russell Wilson's deadline have to make Frank Clark expendable today?    If there is no new deal for Wilson then Seahawks will negotiate with Russell after this season. It doesn't affect Clark's whereabout.   It is Clark's holdout that makes him expendable everyday. Seahawks can dance around until after the draft if they want to.