2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I try to get sense of whom Lee will be traded to.  Eagles is the latest destination but it was under pundits and media's influence. 

To me, the Bengals make a ton of sense.  They also have a ton of edge rushers, so a player for player trade makes a lot of sense.  If for picks, maybe the browns?  A ton of 4-3 teams would take a chance on him.

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

To me, the Bengals make a ton of sense.  They also have a ton of edge rushers, so a player for player trade makes a lot of sense.  If for picks, maybe the browns?  A ton of 4-3 teams would take a chance on him.

Do we think maybe TB could be in the mix... his biggest supporter here was Bowles, and they let Kwon Alexander go.  I know they are apparently interested in White, but it might be easier to give up a mid round pick than to swallow spending a top 5 pick on an ILBer.  While is a very good player, but the position value is rough taking an off ball LBer that early, especially when you consider that they already have David in the middle who is a stud.

As March 21, Broncos, Browns and Buccaneers were teams that expressed the interest in acquiring Lee.  If the same goes today then I hope it wasn't Browns.

For 3rd round compensation,

Bucs have 70th selection.

Broncos have 72nd selection.

Browns have 80th selection.

Bengals, for Barnby's sake, have 73rd selection.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

As March 21, Broncos, Browns and Buccaneers were teams that expressed the interest in acquiring Lee.  If the same goes today then I hope it wasn't Browns.

I'd be pretty shocked if we got a 3rd for him straight up.  I'd do maybe Lee and one of our later round picks for a 3rd.  Or I'd do the NO 3rd and Lee for something like the Buccs 2nd.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If Lee could yield a third rounder, he’d be gone already 

• Like 1

Unless we get a 1st rounder next year, I'm scared of trading down. At 3 we are gonna land a stud defender, Josh Allen is another khalil mack.

I do not trust us with 2nd rounders,  our 2nd round picks usually suck.  Trade down only if you get a kings ransome.  2020 1st round pick and a 2nd this year.

Josh Allen would change this defense. 

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Unless we get a 1st rounder next year, I'm scared of trading down. At 3 we are gonna land a stud defender, Josh Allen is another khalil mack.

I do not trust us with 2nd rounders,  our 2nd round picks usually suck.  Trade down only if you get a kings ransome.  2020 1st round pick and a 2nd this year.

We might be in a position to take Bosa.

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

You are overrating him quite a bit here. Josh Allen is still a raw player and doesnt play the run that well. Khalil Mack is an absolute freak and can do it all. Bosa is still the better player in this draft and I am taking him over Allen every time.

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

He may be good. He may not. I wouldn't put much stock until he is on the field scrambling Brady's brains. 

People said this type of stuff about Vernon Gholston and Quinton Coples too and we see what happened there. 

And before you just dismiss that Allen isn't even close to either of them, go back and read the hype about either of them before we drafted them. I could basically copy and paste the breakdowns of each player and mix them up and you wouldn't even know the difference. 

Again, I'm not saying he is going to turn out that way, but pre draft hype is just that.... hype.

• Like 1