2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If he drafts a non Center OL how does it really improve the Line with Center being the largest “hole”

Sure Winters could be upgraded but you can find RG deep into the draft. 

I’d be ok if we took Jonah at like 15 and he became an elite guard. But I don’t think I’m taking that chance prior really. 

58 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think we are going to take Jenkins or Bradbury and these guys can play C or G. These are the two I want. We could use an upgrade at T but it is not a huge need like C is. 

I agree, Center is probably our biggest need if we want to protect Sam, but unless we trade back both them and probably McCoy will be gone by the 3rd (IMO). That could leave Jordan and McGovern as possible 3rd round option. I think Bradbury goes in the top 20, Jenkins and McCoy in the 40-50 range

When it comes to a trade down, I’m starting to get the feeling that the team trading up will trade up for Allen or Q, not a QB. Pauline reported that the jets would take a discount. Could see the Lions or especially the Packers as targets. Wouldn’t be great value at all, but the packers two 1st rounders could entice Mac. Maybe they’d throw in a mid round pick or a future pick as a sweetener. 

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

LG or RG?

RG for now until Osemele is gone. Jonah’s footwork is what alarms me at tackle. The really good/athletic tackles side step. He backpedals which opens up his inside shoulder for pass rushers. I could see him turning into someone like Scherff though. 

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

RG for now until Osemele is gone. Jonah’s footwork is what alarms me at tackle. The really good/athletic tackles side step. He backpedals which opens up his inside shoulder for pass rushers. I could see him turning into someone like Scherff though. 

Alabama’s interior OL prospects have thrived better than their Tackles from what I recall and even then their IOL prospects aren’t exactly All-Pro or Pro Bowl caliber.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Alabama’s interior OL prospects have thrived better than their Tackles from what I recall and even then their IOL prospects aren’t exactly All-Pro or Pro Bowl caliber.

For the most part, they’ve all sucked. Ryan Kelly is good. 

Ian Rapoport is saying he expects Quinnen Williams to go within the first two picks. I also hear the 9ers are looking to trade down and are looking to build on their offense, while the Bills are visiting with Q and Josh Allen. Wonder if they're trying to leapfrog us for Q. Either way, if he goes 2nd that gives us Bosa on a silver platter.

I think Q does go in the top two but i also think the Cards pass on Murray. The wanted to get a first for Rosen or a few 2nd round picks for him and was only offered a 3rd. They will keep him and tell Kliff to make it work with Rosen. The Cards will take Q or Bosa and the 49ers will take the other one leaving us with a good trade down spot or take Allen. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Q does go in the top two but i also think the Cards pass on Murray. The wanted to get a first for Rosen or a few 2nd round picks for him and was only offered a 3rd. They will keep him and tell Kliff to make it work with Rosen. The Cards will take Q or Bosa and the 49ers will take the other one leaving us with a good trade down spot or take Allen. 

I like Bosa going to Cardinals. Suggs will close his NFL chapter at home after this season.  Vance Joseph is no stranger to a multiple rushing LBs on the field at the same time.

12 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Ian Rapoport is saying he expects Quinnen Williams to go within the first two picks. I also hear the 9ers are looking to trade down and are looking to build on their offense, while the Bills are visiting with Q and Josh Allen. Wonder if they're trying to leapfrog us for Q. Either way, if he goes 2nd that gives us Bosa on a silver platter.

Buffalo has always been aggressive in the draft. I can see them trying to move up and grab Allen or QWill. 

49ers could move back and grab the best WR available and grab an OL with the other pick they get.