2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Why am I the only guy who wants to get a LEGITIMATE pass rusher, we have not had a top pass rusher since John Abraham. This is our only shot, the only team that makes any sense is the Giants to trade down with. This talk about trading down with Washington, Green Bay & other is crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Why am I the only guy who wants to get a LEGITIMATE pass rusher, we have not had a top pass rusher since John Abraham. This is our only shot, the only team that makes any sense is the Giants to trade down with. This talk about trading down with Washington, Green Bay & other is crazy.

I think all of us want a pass rusher.  There is a good chance we could we could still get one after a trade down.  But we'd also get extra picks that we so badly need.  

• Like 1

Just now, rampantjet said:

arg, that is one of the few things that could happen that i would be not pumped about.  I like him but not enough for 3.  

I’m higher on Oliver than most. I’d take Allen over him, but I wouldn’t be mad if we took him. He played out of position at Houston. His change of direction is elite for any defensive player. I think he’ll be a force at the next level. 

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I’m higher on Oliver than most. I’d take Allen over him, but I wouldn’t be mad if we took him. He played out of position at Houston. His change of direction is elite for any defensive player. I think he’ll be a force at the next level. 

My main problems are that he has almost no pass rush moves, short arms, and wasn't playing against the highest level of competition.  I think he has a sky high ceiling, but he is gonna take some work.  Going to Houston and getting sub par coaching really hurt his development.  Top notch coaching would have added to his pass rush moves, and fixed his stance.  

Oliver is a stud. We all know this. We want an EDGE as a fan base and that’s fine but Oliver is so damn good and the way to beat the Pats is up the middle like we know. We still need an EDGE and can always get one in the 3rd or 4th as a rotational piece. It’s not sexy but it can be effective.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

My main problems are that he has almost no pass rush moves, short arms, and wasn't playing against the highest level of competition.  I think he has a sky high ceiling, but he is gonna take some work.  Going to Houston and getting sub par coaching really hurt his development.  Top notch coaching would have added to his pass rush moves, and fixed his stance.  

I agree that he wasn’t developed as properly as he should have been, but that’s part of the appeal though. The upside is immense. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Oliver is a stud. We all know this. We want an EDGE as a fan base and that’s fine but Oliver is so damn good and the way to beat the Pats is up the middle like we know. We still need an EDGE and can always get one in the 3rd or 4th as a rotational piece. It’s not sexy but it can be effective.

Brady and BB will be done by the time he’d be in his prime 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He’s a chess piece. He can play DE in nickel looks. Either way, if we added Oliver in the 1st and Potite in the 3rd, we’d be in good shape. 

• Like 1