2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Connor Hughes is saying we like Oliver as well

I'd expect that whoever we're highly connected to at this point is probably a smokescreen. Can't imagine Oliver is a realistic option at 3. I do believe that we want to trade down and he could be an option anywhere from 5 or later but think about past drafts. Last year everyone knew we were going QB, so go back to 2017. The reports were that we were all about Marshon Lattimore and OJ Howard, but we ended up with Jamal Adams who we originally thought wouldn't even make it to us. I could see a guy like Nick Bosa being that type of guy for us again.

I do think we'll be able to trade out of #3. Whether it be the Giants, Bucs, Seahawks, whoever - I think we will drum up enough interest for the pick that someone makes a good offer. If we're trading out of a chance to take an elite edge, go get a proven guy in Frank Clark or Clowney.

12 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'd expect that whoever we're highly connected to at this point is probably a smokescreen. Can't imagine Oliver is a realistic option at 3. I do believe that we want to trade down and he could be an option anywhere from 5 or later but think about past drafts. Last year everyone knew we were going QB, so go back to 2017. The reports were that we were all about Marshon Lattimore and OJ Howard, but we ended up with Jamal Adams who we originally thought wouldn't even make it to us. I could see a guy like Nick Bosa being that type of guy for us again.

I do think we'll be able to trade out of #3. Whether it be the Giants, Bucs, Seahawks, whoever - I think we will drum up enough interest for the pick that someone makes a good offer. If we're trading out of a chance to take an elite edge, go get a proven guy in Frank Clark or Clowney.

Bosa is most likely our #1 player if I had a guess, he’s our Darnold this year.

• Like 1

The thing with the Oliver smoke is there’s no incentive for his camp to just leak stuff. 

49ers aren’t trading back unless they get a haul and no one is giving up a haul for Oliver. 

This is smoke that I believe because he fits Williams scheme better than any prospect in the draft. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The thing with the Oliver smoke is there’s no incentive for his camp to just leak stuff. 

49ers aren’t trading back unless they get a haul and no one is giving up a haul for Oliver. 

This is smoke that I believe because he fits Williams scheme better than any prospect in the draft. 

Josh Allen fits just as well and fills a bigger need. I don't necessarily think Oliver is a better prospect than Allen either. I have Allen rated higher.

Macc doesn’t let anything leak. Nobody saw the CJ Mosley signing coming and he was the guy we really went after. And that was just free agency. Macc has never let anything about anything get out let alone the draft.

These writers are guessing as much as we are. You can justify any of the following from a Macc or coaching perspective Q, Allen, Oliver,  Bosa. Which of those is our number 1 guy is just a guess.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Macc doesn’t let anything leak. Nobody saw the CJ Mosley signing coming and he was the guy we really went after. And that was just free agency. Macc has never let anything about anything get out let alone the draft.

These writers are guessing as much as we are. You can justify any of the following Q, Allen, Oliver,  Bosa. Which of those is our number 1 guy is just a guess.

Great post, that is so true.

30 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

These writers are guessing as much as we are. You can justify any of the following from a Macc or coaching perspective Q, Allen, Oliver,  Bosa. Which of those is our number 1 guy is just a guess.

Darnold and Adams were kinda “if they’re there they’re the pick” 

Bell interest was an easy guess

The Mosley thing is weird cause it did get out but I doubt it was from us. 

Last Jet leak that “hurt” us was Tavon Austin.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Come on now. Now Oliver is a better overall player than Allen? This legend of Oliver is growing daily to an unhealthy amount.

Wasn't even going to take the bait on that one, but I agree with you. Both are good players but Oliver hype train is out of control right now.

Just now, jetjuice said:

Wasn't even going to take the bait on that one, but I agree with you. Both are good players but Oliver hype train is out of control right now.

And that’s not me at all saying I don’t like Oliver. It’s that I think it’s ridiculous to just say he’s a better prospect than arguably the best prospect in the whole draft with 31.5 sacks in 3 years of playing

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s not me at all saying I don’t like Oliver. It’s that I think it’s ridiculous to just say he’s a better prospect than arguably the best prospect in the whole draft with 31.5 sacks in 3 years of playing

I think that Bosa/Allen/Oliver/Q are all in the same echelon in terms of talent, so the deciding factor would be best scheme fit. The fact that we are quiet on Allen and Bosa make me think that's where we're looking.

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I think that Bosa/Allen/Oliver/Q are all in the same echelon in terms of talent, so the deciding factor would be best scheme fit. The fact that we are quiet on Allen and Bosa make me think that's where we're looking.

We’re not quiet of Bosa. If he’s there at 3, he’ll be the pick. It’s been quoted by a few different reporters that he’s #1 on our board. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Oliver was the #1 prospect coming into the year. Highly debatable. With that said, ESPN ranked it’s too 100 prospects. Oliver is 3, Allen is 6. I’m not getting into the debate, but it is highly debatable. 

I don't disagree, but to sit here and just outright say with all absoluteness "Oliver is better" is wrong IMO.