2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

In most recent years the only teams who have moved up have gone up for QBs. 

Jets, Cardinals, Texans, Chiefs, Eagles, etc.. 

then once guys begin slipping teams in the late 20s have moved up for guys. 

That’s true. Moves in the top 10 are mostly QB related. The only other ones I can think of were the Julio Jones trade and Sammy Watkins. The 2014 WR class was special. Crazy how Watkins went 4th overall and hasn’t nearly lived up to the hype.

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we indeed move back to 15 I’d be all about rebuilding the offensive line 

My thoughts exactly. Grab the best OT there (I think one of Williams, Taylor Or Dillard will be there at 15) and then go C with the 2nd we’d pick up like McCoy or Jenkins.

• Like 3

I think some of you guys are crazy to think the Jets are not getting offers for 3 right now. These guys already have deals in line if a player is there at 3. I'm sure they have offers if Bosa is there, Murray is there, or QWill is there. It is VERY RARE you have a top 5 picked moved before the draft starts. Everyone wants to see who is there. I think we will be offered a lot for the pick and it comes to taking your edge guy or moving down. 

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I really hope they aren’t seriously considering trading Robby at this point. I could see if he was still dropping balls and not producing but what he and Sam were developing down the stretch seemed legit. 

Could be a guy they trade during the draft. We didn't fill enough holes for me to want to target a WR early... but lets say we did trade back and chose a WR like Brown, Metcalf or Harry... he does then become expendable. I don't think we move him without having drafted a WR early.

11 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we indeed move back to 15 I’d be all about rebuilding the offensive line 

In order for us to be serious contenders during the remaining Darnold rookie contract (aside from the obvious of Darnold continuing to improve) we have to rebuild the OL (OT and C), get a very good edge player, and get a very good CB. We have to knock out 1 of these in the draft. The other two will likely have to wait for next year’s offseason.

Id be excited if we drop back and address the OL. Staying at #3 allows us to address the edge position. Macc needs to hit on a couple of players in this draft. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Apparently Chris Harris’ trade value is likely around a 4th rounder. If so, I’d offer Darron and next years 5th with escalators to a 4th. 

Not a bad pickup if we can swing something like that. He will be 30 this season though. So he's far from an answer for us at CB.