2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I know we've spoken about adding a center at length, and while I do think we're going to sign Matt Paradis, not enough has been said about Mitch Morse. Reading up about him in PFF, he's truly an elite pass blocker. They credited him with the 6th best pass blocking grade for 2018, but what impressed me the most: Morse allowed 3 sacks as a rookie, but has played 45 games and 1,634 pass blocking snaps since without allowing a sack

Like Paradis he has an injury history (missed multiple games with a concussion in 2018, IR with sprained foot in 2017, and missed a playoff game with a concussion in 2016), but either one of those guys will be a huge upgrade for the team. It would be prudent for the Jets to also sign/draft a G/C hybrid as insurance. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I know we've spoken about adding a center at length, and while I do think we're going to sign Matt Paradis, not enough has been said about Mitch Morse. Reading up about him in PFF, he's truly an elite pass blocker. They credited him with the 6th best pass blocking grade for 2018, but what impressed me the most: Morse allowed 3 sacks as a rookie, but has played 45 games and 1,634 pass blocking snaps since without allowing a sack

Like Paradis he has an injury history (missed multiple games with a concussion in 2018, IR with sprained foot in 2017, and missed a playoff game with a concussion in 2016), but either one of those guys will be a huge upgrade for the team. It would be prudent for the Jets to also sign/draft a G/C hybrid as insurance. 

Yeah... He is good.  Also, he is younger.

37 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Giants are letting Landon walk.  I wonder if we’ll have interest in him playing LB. Might sound crazy, but Gregg made Mark Barron an LB. Granted, he may view Lee in a similar capacity. 

He'd be an interesting option. Could be used in so many ways like Adams. But I don't think he'd be worth paying to not exactly know what his role would be. If we didn't have Adams, I'd say by all means get him. They would make an interesting blitz combo though. A lot of speed there

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I absolutely would love Morse. I question if KC lets him go though. Who knows. They don't have the best cap situation, so they might have to. The idea of getting both isn't a bad idea either.  Morse can for sure play OG as well a C. Paradis only has a couple years left of high football maybe. So give Morse the longer deal and he can slide to C when Paradis is through.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Bell wants 50 mil over the first two years of his next deal per reports. No joke. 

I hope we aren't dumb enough to give him that. I believe Gurley was guaranteed 35mill in his 1st 2 years. Bell needs to get grounded. I think it will settle around 49mill in the 1st 2 seasons