Reservoir Dogs Reboot Mafia: Criminals Win!!!

Malfatron

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I don't know that I buy that logic as a foregone conclusion.  I was magically regenerated to life after being nightkilled last game and I was the last man standing.

That was all in 1 night though

but I think we’ve had games where players came back x-days later, maybe not as cult though 

Which brings me back to the point I made earlier about maybe being clues in the Kid Rock post things?
With nothing to go on - it may be worth looking into. Anyone who's seen the movie, how big of a role does the Kid Rock dude (or the movie equivalent) make in the movie?
Or is it completely made up for this game?

The more I think about what I said about believing malf would want a more straight forward game, I’m not sure he’d even have a cult

the OP writeup made it clear someone among us had flipped, the police might not need to flip more and we just have to find the ones that already did

Just now, Dome said:

That was all in 1 night though

but I think we’ve had games where players came back x-days later, maybe not as cult though 

I do not have much of a baseline for prevalence here.  I've seen a lot of roles have that type of comeback feature to them elsewhere.

Regardless, I don't know that I'm willing to restrict my thought process on role availability or mechanics to those previously featured here.  Otherwise, there is no innovation.  But, I will be more willing to consider it less likely if it's anomalous to what has previously been used.

22 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Everyone went to bed for the night to shake it off.

When they woke up, something was wrong

@The Orca was missing!

"What happened to Mr. Grey"

"Did he run away"

"No way he would run, someone got rid of him"

"Someone here is a cop"

"There is a traitor in our midst"

"Someone probably subdued him in the night and threw him out the door"

"Nah, hes tough, nobody could subdue him"

"HE HAS SLEEP APHNEA DOH"

After reading this a few times, it seems like there is an undertone to the possibility that Orca is not dead.  

"Orca was missing"   -->  that is certainly not implying dead, hit or whatever flavor the host would want to use to indicate a night kill

"Someone probably subdued him in the night and threw him out the door"  -->subdued is far less "violent" than other kill write ups.

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

The crew were racking their brains in the warehouse, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Should we just get out of here?" one said

Just then, the all received the same text on the disposable phones they were given for this job.

The text was from Joe Capp, the crime boss. The guy who set this job up.

The text read "What the hell is going on down there? I heard from my sources inside the police station that Mr. Grey was arrested. They are shaking him down right now!"

The crew slowly looked at each other and their suspicions were confirmed.

They werent going to leave this warehouse until they sniffed out the rat!

@Dome I believe you already pointed this out.  But the flavored story says "THE" rat.  Which is singular.  So what I believe is mafia is the rat and they are alone.  Now there could be an other in the game.  I dont know the story so I'm not sure if there is or not 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

After reading this a few times, it seems like there is an undertone to the possibility that Orca is not dead.  

"Orca was missing"   -->  that is certainly not implying dead, hit or whatever flavor the host would want to use to indicate a night kill

"Someone probably subdued him in the night and threw him out the door"  -->subdued is far less "violent" than other kill write ups.

We’re way past this.

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

The more I think about what I said about believing malf would want a more straight forward game, I’m not sure he’d even have a cult

the OP writeup made it clear someone among us had flipped, the police might not need to flip more and we just have to find the ones that already did

I agree, but then I have difficulty explaining the subsequent update post we received.

Then again, I don't know how to explain the radio **** either, so.

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

@Dome I believe you already pointed this out.  But the flavored story says "THE" rat.  Which is singular.  So what I believe is mafia is the rat and they are alone.  Now there could be an other in the game.  I dont know the story so I'm not sure if there is or not 

If it’s 11:1 it’s gotta be a crazy powerful role. Not sure why you’d rule out a converter if that’s your take on the ratio 

what role would that one role have to be balanced?

Just now, Dome said:

If it’s 11:1 it’s gotta be a crazy powerful role. Not sure why you’d rule out a converter if that’s your take on the ratio 

what role would that one role have to be balanced?

11:1 seems really like tough odds.   Even with a deathproof and some NK options it seems unbalanced.

10 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

Which brings me back to the point I made earlier about maybe being clues in the Kid Rock post things?
With nothing to go on - it may be worth looking into. Anyone who's seen the movie, how big of a role does the Kid Rock dude (or the movie equivalent) make in the movie?
Or is it completely made up for this game?

There could be something contained within them.  

[Remember Kid Rock!!! He was big in the 90s. but he really didnt play grunge. so its a lighthearted moment thats hes a DJ on a grunge radio station. This movie has something for everyone!]

Could this just be to **** with us and add flavor?

Archived