BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Only solution to this issue is to "hire" outside people to do the voting. Some of you have already admitted your bias.

Donate to the charity of my choosing and I'll vote for you. 

27 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Who does my gameplan go to?

As a sidenote if you need a backup gameplan guy for when one of SirA/Whicker is busy feel free to send them to me if that's ok with them. 

On 9/9/2019 at 11:49 PM, Whicker said:

I’m going to start with something I see from Anchorage that is more of a general statement. I don’t like tackles at guard. It’s obviously okay in an emergency, but unless he’s played guard before (which I do not know about Collins but this is more of a general statement), I will likely evaluate him as a BDL replacement level guard, even if it is an elite tackle. 

Anyway, to the game. Good game as per usual in this league. A couple of game plan and lineup issues affected my decision.

I like the run first game plan from Anchorage and I like how they utilize the strengths of their WRs, although I don’t like how their wideouts are all slot type guys. There’s some inconsistency in their defensive plan (such as saying Collins will play in the box in a 4-3 but then saying Cover-2 against 2-wide), but I like the general idea of it. They could be stronger at LB but their front 7 rotation is good. Overall I’m a fan of how much information is presented  

Hawaii’s starting lineup is undoubtedly strong. I do like how they feature Barkley, especially on a week without their top option. I wish there were a more dedicated spell back rather than one who is listed as a starter and pretty heavily featured in the plan, but overall it’s minor as Barkley could likely handle 100% of snaps. I also would like it more clear if McDonald is helping Decker or helping against Cameron Jordan, as the way it is written conflicts with Jordan playing LE as he is here. As it stands, I interpret this as McDonald helping Decker, leaving Jordan alone with Bulaga. I would also really really like for some description of at least a nickel defense. 

Okay, so now to the deal breaker. Hawaii, who acknowledges that defensive line fatigue is a thing in his offensive writeup and criticizes Anchorage’s depth, has literally no backup DTs. Considering Anchorage has a run first plan and included a good defensive line rotation, I think Hawaii gets worn down first. On top of this, Hawaii has a very light defensive front with only one LB (I assume) against Anchorage’s 3 wide set. With McCain and Weddle doubling Kittle, Hawaii either needs to take Roquan/Demario off the field for Hughes to cover Agholor or have an LB on a WR. Either way, I think Anchorage takes enough of advantage of these defensive holes to overcome the talent difference. 

On 9/10/2019 at 6:54 AM, Counselor said:

This is sexy 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, Counselor said:

His dline would have been worn down. But unlike Whicker y’all suck and can’t see that. 

@Whicker now ask yourself that question you posed up above...

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I can handle it. But some ppl dont even read gameplans? Wtf is the point

What is the point of reading game plans if you spend all that time, consider the matchup, and vote for who you legitimately think would be the winner only for the loser to shout bias? 

I am biased btw. I’m biased towards better teams and gameplans 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

What is the point of reading game plans if you spend all that time, consider the matchup, and vote for who you legitimately think would be the winner only for the loser to shout bias? 

I am biased btw. I’m biased towards better teams and gameplans 

Not even what I said. I said multiple people stated they dont/wont read gameplans and just vote for short game plans or go with 'big names'. Those are types of bias. 

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not even what I said. I said multiple people stated they dont/wont read gameplans and just vote for short game plans or go with 'big names'. Those are types of bias. 

Whick vs. Whick, who will burn out in the end, find out this Sunday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

Does anyone appreciate my voting? Honest ******* question. Like I’ve got tons of other things to do on a Tuesday than sit and try to help people improve their game plans. I can do one word votes no ******* problem

I do.  I was sad I didn't get a write up last week