BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

30 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I lost to a dude with 2 active CBs last week.

You'll somehow win. 

I won’t. I’ve traded away all my big names. That’s my statement about this league. I could gameplan to hell and back. It won’t matter

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I won’t. I’ve traded away all my big names. That’s my statement about this league. I could gameplan to hell and back. It won’t matter

Not gonna sit here and say that all of us know exactly how good every player in the league is.  But I do think we are a very educated group.

That said, big names tend to be big names for a reason.  Usually cause they're good.  Some big city/east coast bias.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not gonna sit here and say that all of us know exactly how good every player in the league is.  But I do think we are a very educated group.

That said, big names tend to be big names for a reason.  Usually cause they're good.  Some big city/east coast bias.  

Oh I know. I am very happy with the growth of this league I’ve seen this season versus the last two. It has definitely improved with how people are viewing gameplans and voting. But again we have only had 6 weeks so hopefully it keeps on the upward trend. I think it could still get better and I have hope. 

Forreal though I'm shocked how good Jackson's been. I still have my doubts about him improving much as a passer and New England will be a great test, but I don't even think he needs to improve. The way he's run the ball but avoided hits in the process has been impressive. I mean, I guess RGIII looked like he was gonna take over and never did, but this feels different. 

On 10/17/2019 at 1:13 PM, rackcs said:

2020 Mock Draft Round 1

1. Hawaii Nightmarchers: Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
Despite their winless record, this is a solid team with a lot of talent already around. Looking to next year they're only going to have one starter-level EDGE guy signed so they grab the BPA here who also happens to fill one of their biggest needs in Chase Young. There's very few holes in his game and he's going to be a day 1 starter for Hawaii.

2. Hawaii Nightmarchers (via Williamsport): Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Hawaii somehow gets the top 2 picks in the draft despite the talent on their team and they use them to take arguably the top 2 guys in the whole draft. Jeudy may not have elite physical attributes but he has one of the best all around games you'll see in a WR. There's not much he doesn't do wrong. Like I said before, Hawaii is a very talented team and if they can add two day 1 contributors like Young and Jeudy, they'll be a sleeper team going into next season.

2020 Mock Draft Round 2

1. Hawaii Nightmarchers: Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado
Hawaii could definitely use a playmaker and WR opposite Diggs so Shenault makes a lot of sense here. He's got some work to do as far as learning routes and how to attack defenses but if he puts it all together he could be quite the weapon for Russell Wilson.

That will definitely make up for getting AB'd.