BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

My first post on WF was a mock with JJ Watt as the no.2 overall pick when everyone still had him as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. I think I just turned 15 at the time. 

I argued with heaps of people as well about it. Looks like time proved me right. B|

People who had JJ Watt as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.....I mean idk how to help you.

Man when TJ Watt  Was coming out he was the number one player I really had hoped would fall to Pittsburgh and I honestly believed there was no chance in hell that we was going to happen because I felt like he was that good of a prospect. Looking back the teams in front of him at least some of them were absolutely foolish to pass him up.

In fact looking back....29 teams passed on Watt

52 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Hes got insane upside though. Upside not quite as good as Brown but I think fairly close. 

Aside from Tre Smith, UT has a VERY young OL and he was invisible.  I haven't gone full research mode, but I wasn't impressed that game.

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Kinlaw is a guy worth paying attention to how we he hasnt been as consistent as some other DTs, I could see him still being on the board in the late 2nd.

Maybe so. I need to look into him a bit more.

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Some of us here were on the up and up on Donald. Jrry and I specifically. He was an elite prospect if you watched his tape. The doubts were unwarranted. I still remember the Gm mock and I have referenced it quite a bit but I drafted Clowney, Mack, and Donald haha.

He still wasn't as high a prospect as Suh.  Suh might be the best defensive prospect I have ever seen.  I'll never forget that Nebraska v Texas game that he took over.

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Ed Oliver first 12 games 28 tackles 5 sacks

Aaron Donald 33 tackles 6 sacks

Now not saying Oliver will ever be Donald but I’m happy to see this and hopefully he continues to rise.

Oliver wont ever be Aaron Donald because I dont think he is as versatile. Having said that Oliver WILL be as important to his team in his role as Donald is to his team.

Just now, wwhickok said:

People who had JJ Watt as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.....I mean idk how to help you.

Man when TJ Watt  Was coming out he was the number one player I really had hoped would fall to Pittsburgh and I honestly believed there was no chance in hell that we was going to happen because I felt like he was that good of a prospect. Looking back the teams in front of him at least some of them were absolutely foolish to pass him up.

In fact looking back....29 teams passed on Watt

I have never been madder at the Packers for trading back than I was when they had Watt on the board and traded back.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Oliver wont ever be Aaron Donald because I dont think he is as versatile. Having said that Oliver WILL be as important to his team in his role as Donald is to his team.

I was just happy to get him. He was my favorite prospect and I spoke very candidly about that before the draft. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I have never been madder at the Packers for trading back than I was when they had Watt on the board and traded back.  

When we drafted TJ Watt, I started screaming and hollering expletives at the TV. My wife came running thinking something horrible just happened with one of our kids lol

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

I was just happy to get him. He was my favorite prospect and I spoke very candidly about that before the draft. 

If I'm being COMPLETELY honest, I dont even know who I like yet in this draft. I've scouted a bunch of guys but my team needs a lot. Idk where to even begin.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If I'm being COMPLETELY honest, I dont even know who I like yet in this draft. I've scouted a bunch of guys but my team needs a lot. Idk where to even begin.

BPA my friend. BPA you can fill in the needs with FA at need positions. 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

When we drafted TJ Watt, I started screaming and hollering expletives at the TV. My wife came running thinking something horrible just happened with one of our kids lol

I did the same when we got Haha.  He gave us such hope...then fell off a cliff.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I was super pumped when we drafted Risner this year. Because I thought he would be good and he was on my BDL team already. 

Same as Dre'Mont and Drew.

Actually pretty crazy to think the two Broncos fans managed to draft the first 4 Broncos taken. Is Elway just watching us?

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 1