BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

51 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm not worried about it. It doesn't get any action day 1 anyway.

I dont do anything half arsed. But tbh, I didnt realize til I made that post you guys sent me the gameplans, I'd been doing the final shopping and such today. I promise they'll be up later tonight. Thanks for letting me do the thread!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue said:

As for "all the top 14 QBs are in playoff contention," Stafford and Goff deserve to be in that conversation. Don't know where I'd rank them exactly, but I don't think Josh Allen or Jimmy Garoppolo have shown enough to prove they're better yet and Kirk Cousins is, well, Kirk Cousins.

Josh Allen has a bad completion percentage in the pros, too. He's not generating enough big plays consistently to make up for very subpar accuracy, but he's taking pretty good care of the ball and that's what Buffalo needs from him right now to make the playoffs. We'll see what happens then.

Stafford's not currently starting so I've excluded him, but he's definitely top 10. I guess you could argue Goff as well could be among the 14 or so best, but his success was a mirage. He's got a very good arm and can put the ball on a dime but mentally just doesn't seem there yet and completely crumbles under any pressure. Jimmy G definitely looks far more composed under pressure and in big moments, especially with his quick release and ability to scan the field. 

Allen's completion percentage is also low but to his credit:  

1. Buffalo leads the league in drops save for Miami; 

2. His average depth of throw is 4th highest in the league; and 

3. Playing in Buffalo with 30mph winds is going to tank your percentage. 

Don't get me wrong he still misses throws he should make regularly, but he also brings a unique skillset and opens the field up for the run game with his arm and mobility. He's basically what Cam was in his 2nd year.

Edited by WFLukic

56 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

lmao Simmons got ruled out after I submitted my lineup and went to bed. This will be interesting. 

Meh. We'll treat it like every other time. Won't count. Did you make him a focal point?

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Stafford's not currently starting so I've excluded him, but he's definitely top 10. I guess you could argue Goff as well could be among the 14 or so best, but his success was a mirage. He's got a very good arm and can put the ball on a dime but mentally just doesn't seem there yet and completely crumbles under any pressure. Jimmy G definitely looks far more composed under pressure and in big moments, especially with his quick release and ability to scan the field.

Ah, I gotcha, that makes sense then. I'm willing to give Goff some more credit than that because there are other problems there, including a stale scheme and offensive line struggles. Todd Gurley completely falling apart hasn't helped them either.

Honestly, haven't been impressed with Garoppolo. Saw him against Arizona and Seattle in back to back weeks and boy,  there were some really obnoxiously bad throws in there that the secondaries just weren't talented enough to make him pay for. He's gonna get a big opportunity to show up in the playoffs, especially if Seattle beats San Fran next week and they have to go on the road to Philadelphia in the first round.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ah, I gotcha, that makes sense then. I'm willing to give Goff some more credit than that because there are other problems there, including a stale scheme and offensive line struggles. Todd Gurley completely falling apart hasn't helped them either.

Honestly, haven't been impressed with Garoppolo. Saw him against Arizona and Seattle in back to back weeks and boy,  there were some really obnoxiously bad throws in there that the secondaries just weren't talented enough to make him pay for. He's gonna get a big opportunity to show up in the playoffs, especially if Seattle beats San Fran next week and they have to go on the road to Philadelphia in the first round.

It shouldn't count as touting my own player because he's a back up and it doesn't matter but the dude has showed balls of steel in big moments, especially converting back to back to 3rd and 16's last night. Now, to me, he's got what Bill Parcells always said Tony Romo had with the "bonehead gene" where he does what he wants at times, but the guy has some talent.