BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not in the games I watched.  That said, I think he was banged up most of those games.

This is from a Delpits blurb on pff mock draft:

"We've talked a lot about Delpit's missed tackle problem (20 on 71 attempts this year), but not enough about the fact that he's only allowed nine receptions in his coverage all season. On 17 targets, he's got six combined picks and pass breakups."

Welcome to the Jack Riley Show!

We have a lot to discuss today to include possible big names hitting free agency, the draft prospects who are shining the brightest, team owner turnover, and more. So let's get this thing started.

Earlier this morning a source told me that there is growing possibility that WSR Quarterback Dak Prescott will hit free agency this offseason.  There are concerns as to whether his on field play truly justifies the high price tag that will likely be required to retain him.

After speaking with Shaq Barrett himself earlier this week, it is expected that if Lancaster will retain his services theyll have to open up the check books wide.

Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, and Jameis Winston are all highly likely to hit Free agency with Tom Brady having the highest chance to be retained.

Chase Young and Joe Burrows obviously top the list as far as NFL Draft prospects go, but not enough people are talking about the massive man that is Andrew Thomas, possibly the next Joe Thomas so to speak.  Will he be invited to the draft or will we be left fishing for interview opportunities?

Oklahoma Owner Whicker has apparently decided to step aside. The team has been vacated according to sources. Who will step in as the new owner, only time will tell.

Last but not least, Congrats to Camden on winning the BDL Bizz Bowl Championship

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, TedLavie said:

Christmas week is always an issue. We didn't really think this through in the owners meeting but since we end the season there, having more time to vote and comment is possible and would help. I barely thought about getting my vote in and did mine at like 4am. 

I have decided to give it another go next year. Hopefully I don't quit halfway through. We need a new owner for OKC. @Pickle Rick you want to stay on as Hawaii owner?

@The Orca @Blue @Malfatron or others : any interest in the vacant position? 

Yeah, I didn't vote. Sorry. Totally slipped my mind during Christmas.

I'm not taking over a team. I don't have the time, energy, or interest. I'm perfectly happy to be a sounding board for anybody who wants one though.

• Like 1