BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And I will say this.  Regardless of where the suggestion of cancelling the trade came from, you chose to act on it.  It was your decision.  Bottom line.  

I I agree with that. My point was only literally only that the only reason I even thought that was an option is it because it was suggested to me. It hadn't been something I was previously considering doing or wishing that I had done.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I I agree with that. My point was only literally only that the only reason I even thought that was an option is it because it was suggested to me. It hadn't been something I was previously considering doing or wishing that I had done.

Then repropose the trade with him 

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So, how about we drop that part?  

I think we have taken up more than too much thread space on this.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

So, how about we drop that part?  

I think we have taken up more than too much thread space on this.  

I agree.

I also need to realize that I have a co-owner for a reason and need to give him the chance to have a voice 

This situation is on me. Lesson Learned, I apologize for my actions and assure all of you i am not a repeat offender 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I agree.

I also need to realize that I have a co-owner for a reason and need to give him the chance to have a voice 

This situation is on me. Lesson Learned, I apologize for my actions and assure all of you i am not a repeat offender 

I look forward to you proving this to be true and being a great owner for many seasons.  

• Like 1

I have a question and I'm sure I already read this in the rules but I'm super tired right now so it's just easier to ask this question out loud. When it comes to free agents and I understand the draft is before free agency but when it comes to free agents the amount we are offering them is that based on their real life contract?

I should be clear that I'm talking about unrestricted free agents Hill did not receive a three up.

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have a question and I'm sure I already read this in the rules but I'm super tired right now so it's just easier to ask this question out loud. When it comes to free agents and I understand the draft is before free agency but when it comes to free agents the amount we are offering them is that based on their real life contract?

I should be clear that I'm talking about unrestricted free agents Hill did not receive a three up.

50 percent of irl contract if five or more years then 60 percent 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

That Mahomes trade was made like BDL week 3 or 4 so it wasn't that bad at the time, hindsight....not good

No it was bad then and I pointed it out. No one cared that a brand new owner had no idea the weight QBs carry in this league and how valuable a young one on a ridiculous contract is.

So at this point if you guys thought that was non vetoable then no trade is IMO.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

No it was bad then and I pointed it out. No one cared that a brand new owner had no idea the weight QBs carry in this league and how valuable a young one on a ridiculous contract is.

So at this point if you guys thought that was non vetoable then no trade is IMO.

It was awful. No other way to describe it.

His reasoning was Mahomes was the only available QB (Mayfield+Rivers) on an unlocked deal. As we see now, the prior owner lasted for a short period.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

It was awful. No other way to describe it.

His reasoning was Mahomes was the only available QB (Mayfield+Rivers) on an unlocked deal. As we see now, the prior owner lasted for a short period.

I gotta ask since TJ Watt is on my roster. Was Mike the one that traded Mahomie?