BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Meh, more like top 12ish.  

LOL that's comical. There is most definitely not 11 quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than Ben Roethlisberger.

And if you actually believe there are I've got nothing but time for you to name all of them

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

LOL that's comical. There is most definitely not 11 quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than Ben Roethlisberger.

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Mayfield, Mahomes, Luck, Goff, Wilson, are guys I'd want over Ben going into next year no question with maybe Newton, Wentz, and Watson included.  So between 9 and 12 QBs ahead of him.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Mayfield, Mahomes, Luck, Goff, Wilson, are guys I'd want over Ben going into next year no question with maybe Newton, Wentz, and Watson included.  So between 9 and 12 QBs ahead of him.

Goff? Bahahaha

The same Rivers that has had really good offenses in the past and never won a SB? Mayfield has played exactly half a season, he might eventually warrant that claim, sure as hell doesnt right now.

Rodgers once was better, but AR has, imo, truly hit the downward spiral of his career.

Brees, Brady, Mahomes are def better.

Newton is a terrible QB, Wentz hasn't been able to stay healthy at all, Watson, maybe as an up and comer but right now, is not arguably better than Ben.

As far as Wilson and Luck, i dont think theyre better, especially Wilson whose career was heavily based on his leg work, Luck has a purer arm but imo isnt nearly as much of a 'make them miss' type. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

Goff? Bahahaha

The same Rivers that has had really good offenses in the past and never won a SB? Mayfield has played exactly half a season, he might eventually warrant that claim, sure as hell doesnt right now.

Rodgers once was better, but AR has, imo, truly hit the downward spiral of his career.

Brees, Brady, Mahomes are def better.

Newton is a terrible QB, Wentz hasn't been able to stay healthy at all, Watson, maybe as an up and comer but right now, is not arguably better than Ben.

As far as Wilson and Luck, i dont think theyre better, especially Wilson whose career was heavily based on his leg work, Luck has a purer arm but imo isnt nearly as much of a 'make them miss' type. 

Going into next season means that I think they are better than Ben next year.  Goff was already better last year, Rivers was better last year, Mayfield will be better, saying Rodgers isn't better is laughable, if you think Wilson is a good QB heavily due to leg work then lol, Luck was better last year, Watson should be better next year, and I agree that Newton and Wentz depend on health.  

Just now, wwhickok said:

He has a very strong arm, good leg work, and some of the worst QB accuracy in the league. everything you need to know about him you saw in the SB vs. Denver. Maybe terrible QB is harsh but he isnt a great QB

He won a MVP playing QB but one game defines everyone apparently. Just bc you value completion percentage and YPA doesn’t mean Cam Newton isn’t one of the top passers in football.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Going into next season means that I think they are better than Ben next year.  Goff was already better last year, Rivers was better last year, Mayfield will be better, saying Rodgers isn't better is laughable, if you think Wilson is a good QB heavily due to leg work then lol, Luck was better last year, Watson should be better next year, and I agree that Newton and Wentz depend on health.  

"Should be" means theyre not right now and theyre just as likely to not be.

Have you watched AR throw the football recently?

Goff had a good year but like i said about Newton, you saw Goffs ceiling in the SB.

Rivers has also had better years in the past than Ben but never had the accomplishments.

What i am saying about Wilson is his ability to move around and throw is what he excelled at early on.

Just now, MD4L said:

He won a MVP playing QB but one game defines everyone apparently. Just bc you value completion percentage and YPA doesn’t mean Cam Newton isn’t one of the top passers in football.

I value a QB that can actually hit his target. Something historically throughout his career Newton has struggled with.

Just now, wwhickok said:

He has a very strong arm, good leg work, and some of the worst QB accuracy in the league. everything you need to know about him you saw in the SB vs. Denver. Maybe terrible QB is harsh but he isnt a great QB

I have never thought Cam was the most accurate QB by any means, but his shoulder was so awful last year that it's hard to evaluate.  Also, he hasn't had very good weapons outside of Olsen.  A healthy shoulder, Moore, and McCaffrey should be a big boost.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I value a QB that can actually hit his target. Something historically throughout his career Newton has struggled with.

Are you suggesting his MVP was a fluke? A top 5 running QB and he is good enough to win games in the pocket when teams stop his special dual threat.