BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Thats fine. I get that and I am not personally attacking Whicker. But even as a new guy I would pose this thought.

If you cant handle your proposal being rejected, dont make one in the first place because going in, you know thats a risk you're taking.

As a group we’re moving forward. 

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

How so? I’m open for discussion today.

Like I said moving forward in my opinion regardless of the fact I'm new here if you can't handle and I don't care who you are having your proposal be rejected don't bother making one in my opinion. It shouldn't matter how long you've been in this league this is essentially an expanded fantasy football league which I think is really cool and that's why I'm here having said that it requires a certain level of maturity. Anyway that's all I have to say on the matter I will move on now

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Like I said moving forward in my opinion regardless of the fact I'm new here if you can't handle and I don't care who you are having your proposal be rejected don't bother making one in my opinion. It shouldn't matter how long you've been in this league this is essentially an expanded fantasy football league which I think is really cool and that's why I'm here having said that it requires a certain level of maturity. Anyway that's all I have to say on the matter I will move on now

While I agree with you that MD4L is being dismissive it's because he's also been here since before FF. Whicker has been known to quit on occasion but always returns back in time for important deadlines and such which is why it's less of a hurry to replace him than it was when another member quit.

Also, sorry to hear about your trade talks getting stalled. I'm sure he'll be back before the draft.

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

While I agree with you that MD4L is being dismissive it's because he's also been here since before FF. Whicker has been known to quit on occasion but always returns back in time for important deadlines and such which is why it's less of a hurry to replace him than it was when another member quit.

Also, sorry to hear about your trade talks getting stalled. I'm sure he'll be back before the draft.

I'm not real concerned about the trade talks and again this isn't personal against wicker because first of all I don't really know him and second of all I mean I'm not about to disrespect anybody that's not my intent here I was originally just asking a question but the point that I just made in my last post I think is a fair one and it's not about wicker it's about everybody including me

Also if you're talking about when Counselor quit and we replaced him it's because he formally announced he wasn't interested in owning his own team anymore, so we had to move to replace him. Whicker hasn't done that, so to me he gets the benefit of the doubt until were forced to make a move.

I've been anti- "my way or I quit" in this league but that's how some people handle things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I got that I really do but I want to bring something app that someone else brought up and I'm not trying to stir the pot and cause any trouble but I think it's a fair comment. When somebody off recently took issue with something and said they quit everyone was in a hurry to replace them. He is upset that his proposal didn't go the way you wanted it to but isn't that what the owners meeting is for your going to win some or lose some? Yeah in this situation where apparently he quit and I don't know if that actually happens if I see someone speculated that it did is it that the same thing the other person or people better have done and yet he is being handled completely different? I'm new here so you know it's no skin off my back either way but I think it's a fair point to make.

1. As far as I know, Whicker never announced he quit aside from in a mafia game. If he posts here that he quits for real, we'll look for a replacement.

2. Counselor announced he quit and found his own replacement if I recall correctly. I even told me to take some time to think it through and he didn't want it. Very different situation.

3. Whicker didn't quit because his proposal was rejected. He has an issue with some other owners behaviour if I recall correctly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

. Whicker didn't quit because his proposal was rejected. He has an issue with some other owners behaviour if I recall correctly

Speculating is pretty pointless now.