BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos / Ruskie Titan

First of all, how long have you been an owner here in BDL?

I formally submitted my bid to take ownership of the London Knights on November 2, 2017.

Have you enjoyed your time here?

I have, otherwise I would not have continued to spend the time necessary to keep up with an active league such as this one.

Looking at your own roster, what do you feel the strengths and weaknesses are?

I feel like one of the biggest strengths, and perhaps main reason why I choose this franchise, is the edge pass rush tandem of Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett. Those two are essentially cornerstones for my franchise. Weakness at this time I would say is my pass catching corp; Delanie Walker missed most of last season due to injury and is a free agent, Brandin Cooks was too expensive for us to 3-Up, and so we are left with just 3 receivers and 2 tight ends, only 2 viable starters, at this stage of the offseason.

You made a few moves in the offseason so far, is there any move you're particularly proud of over the others?

I think being patient with Earl Thomas instead of trading him last season and ending up locking him up for 3k more than what Tony Jefferson was costing me ended up being the right move for the time being.

With the draft upcoming and a lot of players available, are you prepared?

Absolutely not. I plan on smoking and drinking and making terrible draft decisions that somehow pan out.

How strong or weak do you view this draft class?

I love my big defensive linemen, and this draft is full of THICC. I plan on acquiring some of that merchandise myself.

With Free Agency to follow, do you feel you will be highly active?

Still have several positions I need to shore up the depth on as well as find reasonably priced starters, such as WR and TE (mentioned earlier). I have closed to 20k in cap space, and two additional 3-downs I can employ. 

Bold Predictions: Who will be the best team in BDL this season?  The Worst?

Best Team? Tough one. May have to call it my own; last season we started off slowly, but I think that was due in part to people being tentative with Andrew Luck. By season's end he was exactly who we all thought he was, so being able to build off that will help. Not sure who the worst would be, but Hockey somehow bumbled into a championship and thinks he's hot **** now so I'd vote him.

Where will Ivory Coast finish?

Ivory Coast will finish with a Bizzbowl championship, you can mark that down. Details on when vary...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You had a good team we just had different images. 

He did have a very good team. Franchise QB, elite RB, three respectable receivers, elite LB core, quality CB duo. It was a surprise that team had issues because they were certainly talented.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I was salty about Whickwock tearing my team to pieces but these interviews make it worth it. 

You can't get salty about a team you give up. That's just life. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He did have a very good team. Franchise QB, elite RB, three respectable receivers, elite LB core, quality CB duo. It was a surprise that team had issues because they were certainly talented.

The elite RB was traded, one of those receivers was traded, one of the LBers was traded, one of the CB were traded. Are you hinting at something here?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

The elite RB was traded, one of those receivers was traded, one of the LBers was traded, one of the CB were traded. Are you hinting at something here?

They got good value in return. 

• Like 3