BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

7 minutes ago, PR said:

Im just not high on Sweat. Top 40 time? Sure. But we often weigh 40s way too much at times.

Sweat produced consistently in the SEC going against top tier talent. He then weighed in far heavier than he was expected to, and the 40 doesn't hurt. I had him in the top 15 before the combine.

edit: Don't make him out to be a workout warrior.

Edited by Jlash

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

We taking TEs in the top 10.

Even I never did that!

I waited until like 15 or something to draft some random overly athletic TE who seemed likely to kill people.

Thats my high rated pick that Taylor gave me

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Sweat produced consistently in the SEC going against top tier talent. He then weighed in far heavier than he was expected to, and the 40 doesn't hurt. I had him in the top 15 before the combine.

edit: Don't make him out to be a workout warrior.

I think Burns and Ferrell did more. IMO

2 minutes ago, PR said:

Thats my high rated pick that Taylor gave me

I hope he works out for you and the Patriots draft him, bro.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

Ha, no, but it sounds right?

He's no Mike Tomlin.

Just now, Jlash said:

In this right here is why I said what I said about Montez sweat and Brian Burns. I think that typically there are guys that people expect to be great because of what they did in college and they end up failing at the NFL level let's be honest Brian Burns could be one of those guys I think that you'll be really really good but so could Montez Sweat Right however when I personally evaluate both of these players I see room for improvement and I see inability to perform. Montez sweat gained weight and still did well in the combine.

Having said that I don't really hate anyone's draft picks so far

1 minute ago, PR said:

I think Burns and Ferrell did more. IMO

I will say this where I think Burns is better than Ferrell is I think that burns has more Bend. I still think Ferrell is going to be really good and I think it's a really good pic and honestly because I know that bdp is a Panthers fan I will say this I personally like clelin Ferrell to end up in a place like Carolina

6 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I don't know,don't pick til 3.8.  Spent my 1st on superthug Tyreek and my 2nd on floppy **** Chris Jones

Don't worry, bro.  I don't know if you realize this, but my method of drafting random super-athletes has a progressively higher success chance as the draft wanes.

Edited by SwAg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Metcalf is the only really bad pick imo. If Burns can keep around 250lbs he'll be fine.

I'm not going to lie I'm really torn on Metcalf. He is absolutely athletically gifted there's no doubt about that the combine proved it but what people aren't talking about is how many passes at the combine DK Metcalf dropped. When it comes to being a reliable productive wide receiver to me he is not a top 50 Prospect at the NFL level

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Don't worry, bro.  I don't know if you realize this, but my method of drafting random super-athletes has a progressively higher success change as the draft wanes.

Make fun of me for trading up to draft Dwayne Haskins

Just now, wwhickok said:

I'm not going to lie I'm really torn on Metcalf. He is absolutely athletically gifted there's no doubt about that the combine proved it but what people aren't talking about is how many passes at the combine DK Metcalf dropped. When it comes to being a reliable productive wide receiver to me he is not a top 50 Prospect at the NFL level

He could be Terrell Owens or he could be Stephen Hill.