BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Johnson could easily be the best cover safety in the whole draft but the issue is whether the team that drafts him uses him as a safety or corner 

Yep and I need help at both. Fun chess piece to have on D.

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Ps I don't think he's a good corner 

I also don’t necessarily think a team is going to play him there. He can play nickel though in my heavy zone scheme if I need him too. Perfect fit for my defense with his versatility.

19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I also don’t necessarily think a team is going to play him there. He can play nickel though in my heavy zone scheme if I need him too. Perfect fit for my defense with his versatility.

Yea he's good for a zone system.  Don't know if I'd trust him in man at all... His backpedal is sub par for the athlete he is 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Yea he's good for a zone system.  Don't know if I'd trust him in man at all... His backpedal is sub par for the athlete he is 

UF Dbs haven’t really been translating to the NFL either. But new coaching staff last year drastically improved his play so hoping NFL coaching (if good) will continue to help him improve. We will see. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

UF Dbs haven’t really been translating to the NFL either. But new coaching staff last year drastically improved his play so hoping NFL coaching (if good) will continue to help him improve. We will see. 

Not gonna lie my luck with drafting UF DB's pushed him down a little lower in my book. Not that it should have, but it did. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Not gonna lie my luck with drafting UF DB's pushed him down a little lower in my book. Not that it should have, but it did. 

Yeah I totally get it. Roderick Johnson ruined drafting T’s for me (I view Risner at a RG). But I really didn’t think he was good I was betting on potential and need reaching for a backup LT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Yeah I totally get it. Roderick Johnson ruined drafting T’s for me (I view Risner at a RG). But I really didn’t think he was good I was betting on potential and need reaching for a backup LT. 

Oh I think Risner is gonna be a pretty solid RT immediately for someone.

Also, I'm guessing this is the period @WFLukic said he had a basketball game in between his 3 available hours?

• Like 1