BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Surprise draft grades. 

3.1  - 8:00am  - Singapore Sentinels - Erik McCoy, OL(FB) Texas A&M - I had McCoy at 18th on my BB, great value and he has a great IRL landing spot in Nola. - A+ grade.

3.2  - 9:00am - Louisiana Jazz - Parris Campbell, Wide Receiver, The Ohio State University - A reach at this spot, I don't like his route running all that much and though he did get a good landing spot IRL, he should've been a BDL 4th rounder. C- grade.

3.3  - 10:00am - Anchorage Wolves - N’Keal Harry WR ASU - I had this dude in the 70's so this is a worse pick than Louisiana's reach, it makes sense from a needs perspectve but there were better WRs on the board. D grade.

3.4  - 11:00am - Anchorage Wolves - Dalton Risner OL KSU - Another dude I had in the 70's, good IRL landing spot but still a reach is a reach. C- grade.

3.5 -  12:00pm - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Juan Thornhill, S, UVA - One spot away from being a top 32 player, Berlin has a massive need at S with Eric Berry MIA. A grade.

3.6  - 1:00pm - Rome Eternals - Greg Little, OT - Ole Miss - This gives me flashbacks to Greg Robinson or the WR who couldn't catch a cold, but Little is a good prospect and I had him at 24. A grade.

3.7  - 2:00pm - Cuba Smugglers - Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State - Hell of a name, not as a good of a prospect but still this is a decent pick that helps Cuba's trenches. B grade.

3.8  - 3:00pm - Gotham Gashslayers - Josh Jacobs, RB - Bama - Alabama RBs are always hard to gauge for the NFL, you have Trent Richardson to Mark Ingram and while I think Jacobs falls more on the Ingram side of the coin his IRL landing spot concerns me. B+ grade.

3.9  - 4:00pm - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple - Had him in the mid 50's, love his name and his landing spot but I don't love the pick. B grade.

3.10 - 5:00pm   - Louisiana Jazz - Dre'Mont Jones, Defensive Tackle, The Ohio State University - A DT I had in the top 16 picks of the draft falling to the 3rd round, hell of a steal by Louisiana. A+ grade.

3.11 - 6:00pm - Anchorage Wolves - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB Florida  - Anchorage continues the trend of reaching, I had him him in the high 80's and oof.... his IRL spot is decent but his IRL draft spot fits him better. F grade.

3.12  - 7:00pm - Camden Hood Rats - Mack Wilson LB Alabama - A solid pick, I don't trust alabama LBs to do well in the NFL but Wilson could buck the trend. B- grade.

3.13  - 8:00pm - Louisiana Jazz - Darnell Savage, Defensive Back, Maryland - Anyone else shocked Savage went in the 1st? I bet Louisiana was. I don't love the player/pick but I did have him in the late 30's so this is a solid addition. B grade.

3.14 - 9:00pm - Carolina Intimidators - Taylor Rapp, S, Washington - I had him at exactly 50, but I love washington DB's so this pick has a lot of upside. B grade.

3.15 - 10:00pm - Anchorage Wolves - Justin Layne CB MSU - I feel like counselor is reaching on purpose with his picks, I had layne in the 80's and given he went at 83 IRL I feel like I've been vindicated. I do like he'll get coached by the steelers though so this isn't a total wash. C grade.

3.16 - 11:00pm - Carolina Intimidators - Johnathan Abram, S, Miss. State - I love this pick, Abram was my top safety and should've gone a lot earlier. A+ grade. 

Best Pick: TLDR; 3.16. - Abram going this late is a steal IMO, while there were some great picks this round the fact Anchorage consitentley passed on a top 20 DB and Carolina just waited for him to fall to them is perfect.

Worst Pick: Anchorage Wolves - All of them, they're all pretty bad and some more than others but no one has had a worse round so far than Anchorage. 
THURSDAY 4/11/2019

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

@SirA1, you are up.

Couldn't pass on a guy that is going to get coached by Scarnecchia.  Could take over for Thuney next year if they don't re-sign him.

I could rage quit tonight since you took my guy but I'll get over it.