BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

And by the way the logic here to priority free agency is or at least should be that you are taking a risk. It's an extension of the draft most free agent rookies that are worth anyting have already been signed by a team that's what they call undrafted free agent signings believe it or not it's actually a thing. So this whole oh well let's wait till preseason to see who signs where that's a cop-out veterans laid to rest wait to see who actually makes the 53-man roster. The entire draft is a risk get over it and deal with it

Edited by wwhickok

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Mind if I ask for slightly more explanation on what you mean here? What I'm asking really is are you saying that people would get less money or more money?

Less money. I can cite Fletcher Cox whom I traded for two seasons ago as a 3 UP & over, paying 100% of his contract (17,100). I cut him and resigned him in free agency last year for $11,500.

Just now, MD4L said:

Less money. I can cite Fletcher Cox whom I traded for two seasons ago as a 3 UP & over, paying 100% of his contract (17,100). I cut him and resigned him in free agency last year for $11,500.

Sure enough I don't necessarily think that's 100% true I think it kind of is case-by-case but another guy for example is Le'Veon Bell who was offered more by the Steelers and then ended up signing for Less so I mean you're not wrong and I was just asking because I wanted to be completely sure what you were talking about before I made a comment but it's a good point I think it's a valid point even if it isn't 100% or it is case-by-case the majority of the time what you just said is completely correct

In fact @MD4L typically speaking the most money for free agents comes when they re-sign with their current team in my opinion. Now as you excited Fletcher Cox that's not always the case but here's my point 3 up allows us to re-sign guys to our team regardless of whether or not those players re-signed with their real-life team my point is more often and not I feel that if a player is going to make more money it's going to be with the team he's currently on

Edited by wwhickok

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

He's decided he needs to prove whatever point it is he's trying to prove. In honor of Blue's birthday, another person who chose to crusade on pointless points, I guess.

No point.  Actually.  That was the just lols. .  I told @RagnarokI'd let you guys sweat a few hours before I started this. Hope fully no one is offended. Was amusing.  He'll confirm 

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Sure enough I don't necessarily think that's 100% true I think it kind of is case-by-case

Case by case but more often than not these guys get less in FA than they do getting 3 upped. Happened with guys on my roster multiple times. Rick Wagner and Kyle Long were both too rich for me to 3 up and got significantly less as FA's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

No point.  Actually.  That was the just lols. .  I told @RagnarokI'd let you guys sweat a few hours before I started this. Hope fully no one is offended. Was amusing.  He'll confirm 

Don't care who confirms. Is that his excuse for trying to get the league to stall SirA's legal contracts too? For lulz. Is that the thing now? Doing something to cause a reaction, then hitting everyone with "lololololo guys got you!!" because that's twice now since PFA started alone. If that's the new trend just give me a heads up via PM and I'll avoid the thread more than I already have lately.

Just now, Jlash said:

Don't care who confirms. Is that his excuse for trying to get the league to stall SirA's legal contracts too? For lulz. Is that the thing now? Doing something to cause a reaction, then hitting everyone with "lololololo guys got you!!" because that's twice now since PFA started alone. If that's the new trend just give me a heads up via PM and I'll avoid the thread more than I already have lately.

I already approved his contracts.  Lol 

For someone who liked how laid back the Pfa draft is you sure are on my case for taking less combined time with thee picks then most have used with one 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I already approved his contracts.  Lol 

For someone who liked how laid back the Pfa draft is you sure are on my case for taking less combined time with thee picks then most have used with one 

I wasn't asking your take on the contracts, I was asking if laughs was rags motive for being a clown about them yesterday. You know, since he's 'confirming' whatever that is you call funny.

It's not even about the time with you. It's you making posts that are clearly just looking to stir up a reaction for no reason. And then when you quote me about it, I'm going to respond.

Also i hope the time limit point materializes in the future because I really could have held out til before shark tank if I wanted too.  I remembers the last pick in the draft had a this happen once, by sirA if I recall 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I wasn't asking your take on the contracts, I was asking if laughs was rags motive for being a clown about them yesterday. You know, since he's 'confirming' whatever that is you call funny.

It's not even about the time with you. It's you making posts that are clearly just looking to stir up a reaction for no reason. And then when you quote me about it, I'm going to respond.

I think my point has been made regarding the time limits moving forward forward.  Still heart ya buddy 

Edited by bcb1213

55 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Isn't there some obscure rule that you can't sign someone after you 3D them?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Also i hope the time limit point materializes in the future because I really could have held out til before shark tank if I wanted too.  I remembers the last pick in the draft had a this happen once, by sirA if I recall 

I would like to put another proposal out there for the owners meeting: I'm torn on whether to call it the "good faith" rule or the "don't be a D bag rule".... 

• Like 1

I don't get the three up thing. As someone who has carried a 16k defensive contract for a couple of years, I can attest that it's highly debilitating when you have to pay a QB a well. Aaron Donald has more impact in the nfl than BDL, IMO, an NFL teams can consistently shuffle around cap to pay players whereas we cannot. 

The Aaron Donald contract is fair. 

• Like 1