BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm only doing winning bids, I'll add the rest when all of them sign with teams. 

Anchorage Wolves

OG Mark Glowinski $3,000/3 years (9000 total) - A decent buy low candidate coming off a solid half year, but still his history suggests he'll suck again. C+ grade.

C Sam Jones $501/2 (1,002 total) - Might start for the broncos, might be cut. Decent gamble at a low price. B grade.

OT La'el Collins $3,850/4 years (15,400 total) = Collins isn't a terrible starter and he could get better, this is a decent contract but Collins isn't BDL starter material right now IMO. C+ grade.

OT Ja’Wuan James $6,375/ 3 years (19,125 total) - I have a higher opinion of James than most and think he's a good player, and given his landing spot he should start this year. Hate the contract though. C- grade.

OT Desmond Harrison $751/2  1,502 total - lol. F grade.

Camden Hood Rats

QB Jimmy Garoppolo 5 years $75,000 (15k/year) = I mean I would've preferred Cam who I beleive had a lower starting price for the higher upside/track record. Jimmy is solid but SirA will testify as to why Jimmy probably isn't worth this plus Lamar should've been the starter so camden can pick no.1 next year. C+ grade.

OT Jason Peters 2 years $7,000 (3,500/year) - Eagles homer gets to bring home a good player for his final season, solid deal. B grade.

Cuba Smugglers

Taysom Hill, QB/OW - $501/2 years - Best FA signing by far, This is a solid deal but eh Hill might not make the roster. C grade.

Hungary Hippos

OG Ali Marpet - $44,500/5 ($8900 per) - Overpay for a solid but not great lineman. B- grade.

OT Marcus Gilbert 12328/4year (3082 per) - This dude used to be good, now he's a turnstile. C- grade. 

New Orleans Jizz

OT Andrew Whitworth $33,000 (6600/year) - For what amounts to a 1-2 year contract this is a pretty solid deal. B grade.

Portland

QB Jacoby Brissett - $1,252/2 (626/yr) - Feels like a waste of money but given Luck's injury history and Brissett's talent/future destiny to get overpaid in FA this makes sense. B grade.

OL Nick Easton $5626/2 (2813/yr) - After missing all of last year to a neck injury, spending this much on a guy with that injury is risky. C grade.

Rome Eternals

G Mike Iupati 2 years 2800 (1400 per) - Solid gamble for the once great 49er. C+ grade.

Seoul Dragons

OG Mike Person - 4125/3 (1375 per) - A homer signing for a quality starting guard, A grade.

Williamsport Soul Reavers

OT Donovan Smith – 4 yrs @ $7,000 per/$28,000 - This is an overpay for a below average LT, I traded him for a reason. C- grade.

C B.J. Finney 4 years @ 1,600 per/ $6,400 - Finney might start for Pittsburgh, or he'll be a high quality backup like last year. B grade.

C Mitch Morse 4 Years @ $8,500 per/ $34,000 - The best C in FA goes for a bit too much but still Williamsport needed the o-line help. B+ grade.

I see there’s no grade for Laken Tomlinson bc Dingo didn’t wanna get fired.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

The only people who are going to cry about you putting a LT at RT are Dingo like pansies. More people would cry if you moved a RT to LT. But the same people will do it  if they have to do it because of injuries although they already cried about you doing it. Just a bunch of cry babies is all it is. Do what works for you. 

While I don't necessarily disagree with you I don't mind his opinion here for the record. I really don't feel like he gave me a bad grade necessarily I mean I wasn't exactly going out and signing the Home Run hitters some other guys did they got an A and I'm fine with that. I was just giving some thought to why I did what I did did I overpay on my new right tackle or my new center sure I'd agree with that I won't argue that but I'm a team that had to. I've said all along that I believe I can have a competitive team but in order to do that given how many risks including trading future draft picks I've taken I need to be willing to continue to do that in this building process I can't just quit taking risks now. (Hence my latest trade)

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I wanna poll people's opinions on the name "Corviknights" instead of "Horned Owls" 

I mean do what you want but this name kinda sucks. 

9 hours ago, Counselor said:

Dingos a ***** he doesn’t know anything but how to screw up mafia games. Get out of here you scum bag

I guess we need some counseling huh

4 hours ago, MD4L said:

I see there’s no grade for Laken Tomlinson bc Dingo didn’t wanna get fired.

Just waiting for them to be official, feel free to fire me for leaking that you like Florida players. 

Berlin Blitzkrieg

OG A.J. Cann 3 years $7,650 ($2,550 per) - I think this is a solid contract and while Cann isn't a good start he's passable and cheap. B- grade.

Cuba Smugglers

OG Laken Tomlinson 2 years $18,750 ($9,375 per) - An overpay but Tomlinson showed some real promise last year and this is a homecoming hopefully Cuba has better luck the 2nd time around. B grade. 

Hungary Hippos

C Jon Halapio 3900/3years (1300 per) - A decent gamble but given his snap count last year I don't love his upside. C+ grade. 

Seoul Dragons:

C Austin Reiter 4 years 7400 (1850 per) - A decent replacement in KC for Morse and should start this year for the chiefs, homerism plus some good upside leads to a solid hail in FA for seoul. B+ Grade 

Singapore Sentinels

OT Duane Brown 3 years $17,250 ($5750/yr) - A solid deal for a high caliber LT, my only problem is his age (34 in august) but he could have 3 years left in him. I would've preffered to see a 2 year deal for obvious reasons but oh well. B+ grade. 

Edited by DingoLadd
I am blind and an idiot.
  • Like 1

Anchorage Wolves

OG Mark Glowinski $3,000/3 years (9000 total) - Still fairly young and there's upside, but you're paying him on 1 year of production. Could regress, could continue to improve but it's not an insubstantial investment  C+ grade.

C Sam Jones $501/2 (1,002 total) - Meh. Could start next year or this, worthwhile bargain bin grab. C+ grade.

OT La'el Collins $3,850/4 years (15,400 total) = A pretty large investment in a guy who's probably not starter level in the BDL, however he could outplay the contract in the long-term. D grade.

OT Ja’Wuan James $6,375/ 3 years (19,125 total) - Bidding against yourself with this one. Becomes one of the highest paid RTs in the league now. However, great landing spot with Munchak and could take his game to the next level. D grade.

OT Desmond Harrison $751/2  (1,502 total) - l actually don't mind this, quite possible he starts for the Cardinals later this year, or next. C grade.

Camden Hood Rats

QB Jimmy Garoppolo 5 years $75,000 (15k/year) = Camden's a QB away from competing, but this is a big time deal for a guy who hasn't proven he's legit and is coming off a season ending injury. I think for this money you grab Matt Ryan who's giving you a top 10 QB at worst and with the rest of Camden's roster, a near guaranteed playoff spot. D grade.

OT Jason Peters 2 years $7,000 (3,500/year) - Solid deal - Good LT play at a bargain price and the 2nd year will likely come off with retirement. B grade.

Cuba Smugglers

Taysom Hill, QB/OW - $501/2 years - Not sure about this. He's kinda cool to use in real life but not sure he can really make a dent in BDL. C grade.

Hungary Hippos

OG Ali Marpet - $44,500/5 ($8900 per) - Marpet's a good guard and he's been steadily improving, but with Norwell and Osemele on the books why add a 3rd left guard?  D grade.

OT Marcus Gilbert 12328/4year (3082 per) - Why four years dude? Future 3 down unless you're banking on an early retirement or Gilbert inexplicably improving over the next few years. C- grade. 

New Orleans Jazz

OT Andrew Whitworth $33,000 (6600/year) - Elite LT as the 12th highest paid in the league and likely retirement in the near future. Low risk, high reward. A grade.

Portland

QB Jacoby Brissett - $1,252/2 (626/yr) - Why? Brissett's an IRL back-up and even if he does become a starter, would at absolute best a BDL backup. F grade.

OL Nick Easton $5626/2 (2813/yr) - Guaranteed starter IRL and has some upside. Is he really that good though? Whatever. C grade.

Rome Eternals

G Mike Iupati 2 years 2800 (1400 per) - Probably should've waited til the tank, but either flames out this year/gets injured/retires or has a good year and is worth keeping next year. C+ grade.

Seoul Dragons

OG Mike Person - 4125/3 (1375 per) - 30 year old who had a career year being locked in for 3 years. Can hold down a starting spot but not an overly exciting signing.  C grade.

Williamsport Soul Reavers

OT Donovan Smith – 4 yrs @ $7,000 per/$28,000 - He could continue to improve, but this is a huge chunk of cap on a guy right now who shouldn't be starting in the BDL. F grade.

C B.J. Finney 4 years @ 1,600 per/ $6,400 - A substantial deal for a guy who isn't an IRL starter. Just pick him up in tank and if things go well, 3 up him. Banking on a Steelers interior OL injury here. F grade.

C Mitch Morse 4 Years @ $8,500 per/ $34,000 - Overpay but he's actually a good starter and should contribute meaningfully in the BDL over the length of his contract. C + grade.

• Like 1

Berlin Blitzkrieg

OG A.J. Cann 3 years $7,650 ($2,550 per) - Should've gone in tank, but this won't hurt too much. 2 years probably would've been better too.  C- grade.

Cuba Smugglers

OG Laken Tomlinson 2 years $18,750 ($9,375 per) - Why? Average starter in the NFL, which is a high end backup in the BDL. If he suddenly becomes an all-pro, this still wouldn't be good value but just fair value. I just don't understand this at all.   DingoLad/Xmad grade

Hungary Hippos

C Jon Halapio 3900/3years (1300 per) - Had a bidding frenzy in shark tank for him last year and ends up getting a 3 year deal this year. Cheap and will start. This is ok. C+ grade. 

Seoul Dragons:

C Austin Reiter 4 years 7400 (1850 per) - Upside is there, but he's bounced around from roster to roster so I can't get behind giving him 7400 total on a 4 year deal. C- Grade 

Singapore Sentinels

OT Duane Brown 3 years $17,250 ($5750/yr) - Same as the Whitworth deal. A grade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

What’s a dingo/xmad grade?

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Equivalent of Walterfootball's Millen grade.

34 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

It's worse than an F.

That's just insulting. Xmad was a much worse owner than me. 

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

OG Laken Tomlinson 2 years $18,750 ($9,375 per) - Why? Average starter in the NFL, which is a high end backup in the BDL. If he suddenly becomes an all-pro, this still wouldn't be good value but just fair value. I just don't understand this at all.   DingoLad/Xmad grade

I should have signed one of those injury prone guys.

• Like 1