BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Just a suggestion but what about reducing the 48 clock down to 24 starting tomorrow (midnight tonight).  The extended clock is preventing teams from signing players as fast then extend it out til the 9/4 or 9/5.

I say this because I believe the 48 clock, while was a solid safeguard because the fear of missing out on bids because access to the workbook while at work was a concern, I don't think it was really needed.  

I would say if we change it to 24 hours it needs to be tomorrow night at Midnight. Unless it wouldn't effect any current bid times.

Less than an hour for such a major change on a Holiday weekend doesn't seem wise.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I would say if we change it to 24 hours it needs to be tomorrow night at Midnight. Unless it wouldn't effect any current bid times.

Less than an hour for such a major change on a Holiday weekend doesn't seem wise.

Good point...I'll look at the pending bids and see which ones would be affected by a change in time.  But you're right need to provide a little more warning on the change.

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Would stretching the cut off date out to the 5th or 6th be an issue?

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Would stretching the cut off date out to the 5th or 6th be an issue?

The actual season starts on the 5th. And BDL stuff is due on the 7th. 

I'm talking about new Bids only cutoff. the current players could still be bid on and will be into week 1 at this point.

There have been 80 Shark Tank Players signed with another 40 already with open bids. That's 120 players.

Last year 54 players were signed in the Shark Tank.

The Waiver Wire is already going to be destroyed at this point we need to save something for the 12 weeks of the regular season.

Edited by SirA1

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I'm talking about new Bids only cutoff. the current players could still be bid on and will be into week 1 at this point.

Would that be an IF>Then Formula. If current bid was created after (Time) then 24 hour time limit. I don't think you can separate current and new bids unfortunately. It would be the 48hr bids become 24hr bids upon new bid

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

@Ragnarok how's my DL depth looking now?

RDE: Aaron Donald, DeMarcus Walker, John Franklin-Myers
NT: Damon Harrison, Shelby Harris
LDE: Montravius Adams, Bilal Nichols, Zach Allen

Donald is Donald and Snacks is great against the run.  I am obviously hopeful for Adams, but I worry he may end up being mostly a run defender.  Walker and Shelby both had very nice camps in Denver.  JFM got cut.  I do think Nichols will be great in his second year.  Bullard may end up starting over Zach Allen this year...but I loved Allen in the draft(dunno if he will be BDL capable this year though).

It really just comes down to how many of Shelby, Nichols, Walker, and Adams make that jump into consistent impact starter.  Shelby is mostly there, but I'm not sold on the other three just yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PR said:

Would that be an IF>Then Formula. If current bid was created after (Time) then 24 hour time limit. I don't think you can separate current and new bids unfortunately. It would be the 48hr bids become 24hr bids upon new bid

This is the same as Free Agency were there is a cuttoff period for making offers to new players. 

That's what I'm talking about. Any open bids will continue through the process until those bids are resolved.

Yeah...I wasn't aware of the start date.  I'll let you guys figure out the cut off date, but my suggestion would be to reduce the 48 clock to 24 hours.  Tomorrow and maybe not even midnight, I'd say 12pm/ 2pm time range or something like that, simply because most people are working tomorrow due to labor day.  So this would give them time to make some early Monday bids without worry of missing out.

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

This is the same as Free Agency were there is a cuttoff period for making offers to new players. 

That's what I'm talking about. Any open bids will continue through the process until those bids are resolved.

Yes but how does that work formula wise

4 minutes ago, PR said:

So that again...haha.

I was just looking at changing the 48 hours to 24 hours.  Any bid over the current 24 hours or a few hours before we would just need to manually adjust basically adding 24 hours to the timestamp.  I'd need to look to see just how many bids that this time change would affect.  If there isn't that many, it might be easier to just manually change the timestamps.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Donald is Donald and Snacks is great against the run.  I am obviously hopeful for Adams, but I worry he may end up being mostly a run defender.  Walker and Shelby both had very nice camps in Denver.  JFM got cut.  I do think Nichols will be great in his second year.  Bullard may end up starting over Zach Allen this year...but I loved Allen in the draft(dunno if he will be BDL capable this year though).

It really just comes down to how many of Shelby, Nichols, Walker, and Adams make that jump into consistent impact starter.  Shelby is mostly there, but I'm not sold on the other three just yet.

Yeah my current plan is for Snacks and Adams on 1st and 2nd with Shelby and Bilal coming in as pass rushers on 3rd down. Just a solid rotation. I picked guys I thought could make the jump this year. JFM landed with the Jets but is buried on their depth chart. Allen will hopefully get some experience this year.

Yeah my current plan is for Snacks and Adams on 1st and 2nd with Shelby and Bilal coming in as pass rushers on 3rd down. Just a solid rotation. I picked guys I thought could make the jump this year. JFM landed with the Jets but is buried on their depth chart. Allen will hopefully get some experience this year.

Don't be giving up our plan of attack...haha.